• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Player-owned Gate (not a Distructible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a castle defense map where creeps need to destroy a gate first before they can enter the castle. Here's my problem:

I'd like to make the gate player-owned so it will be easier to make triggers.
e.g., I can just tell the creeps to attack-move through the gate if it is owned by the player, rather than tinkering with a lot of triggers (destructible dies trigger, regions, etc..) if the gate is a Destructible.

I made a gate unit model based on human farm, changed the art-model file to that of the Gate (still, only the horizontal gate is available- I cant see a vertical gate model), and changed the pathing to a wall (vertical and horizontal).

A problem I encounter with this is that (1) I can't place the gate correctly on the map, (2) there is no vertical gate model, and (3) when creeps attack it, they go around the gate based on it's collision size and not on its pathing profile.

Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.