• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving units UNDER bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
well i was wondering if this could i work or not by some way. Well so theres a gate and 2 walls next to it. i put a bridge over the gate and i place some units near the bridge. is there a way to move the units under the bridge to the other side? ive tried it but it doesnt work. it just commands the units to move to the bridge.:confused:

Level 21
then kick your own lazy ass and open every link you find in search. You'll definatelly find an anwer in 1 of the various thread.

For once I'm going to be unfriendly (probably because I'm in a bad mood, don't take it personal) and not post the answer. Search instead. can't find it? Search better.

Level 11
Well everyone seems to be too busy being an ass to reply and I've never tried it but I've got some ideas.

WEU has a function for this, it makes 2 rects besides the bridge, if a unit enters 1 rect the trigger moves it to the other rect and vice versa. I think perhaps a more effective way would be to place two waygates on either side (and change the abilities so the dimensions are also right). That way units will recognize "under the bridge" as a valid path for movement.

I realize this doesnt look very good, maybe you could add a delay for time spent going under the bridge. Perhaps you could use some collision stuff and get it done, but even if you do so you wont be able to see the unit actually going under. So I think the waygates option is the best.

Level 5
Actually, what you could do is make 4 regions, 2 on each side of the bridge, then when you enter in the region closest to the bridge, you teleport to the region on the outside of the opposite side.

Level 5
Hmm, post a screenshot of the bridge and stuff and tell me what you want to happen and i might be able to make a solution

Level 11
well that was wut i was thinking of making "teleport regions" but that would look kinda cheesy and since the gate is right next to the bridge guys attacking the gate might just teleport right past it.
Nah you can position it just right so that only units passing through will do it. Besides you should not spend all your time on such trivial things, is anyone really going to care if units do not really go under a bridge?

Level 22
well its a helms deep map. and the bridge is like the 'gate house' so it is very important. and srry i dont kno how to make screen shots X( well some1 posted something about WEU if i download that and use it, will my stuff be transeffered to WEU? or would they just sit tin the world editor?

Level 11
well its a helms deep map. and the bridge is like the 'gate house' so it is very important. and srry i dont kno how to make screen shots X( well some1 posted something about WEU if i download that and use it, will my stuff be transeffered to WEU? or would they just sit tin the world editor?
lol... WEU is not some magical kind of new-editor, basically it just adds a few triggers and stuff by editing files such as TriggerStrings.txt and several others. You download WEU, install it, run the WEU opener and then open your map. Everything will be there, but if you use advanced triggers your map cannot be opened in WE.

Level 21
Sorry for acting like I did yesterday.
To take a screenshot, just press the "prt sc" button, it's on the top right of your keyboard. Normally, your screen should appear in the "Screenshots" folder in your war3 directory. Else, you can go to paint (start, programs, accessories, paint) and paste (cntrl + v). Then attach it to your post here or upload at a free image host (freeimagehost.eu or imageshack.us, ...)

Level 22
ill try...
edit: well my parents took away my laptop for "not controlling urself" so i might not be able 2 get a screen shot soon... cant u guys use ur mind for a while? heres another description. there are 2 walls that are disconnected. a bridge connectes them. i want a units to be able to go under or thru the bridge

srry i havent got any screen shots yet... ive been busy and have limited wc3 access :( well this is just a bump if any1 else has suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
You want to see the units go under the bridge right? If you do you can always make a new object with the bridge model where you want it without a path, but if you also want units to go over the bridge, you will have to make a trigger that switchs between a normal bridge and the fake one everytime a unit gets near. You SHOULD be able to do this or something similar.

To get it right you will have to play around a bit with bridges and regions.

Level 22
wouldnt it just be easier using "teleport regions where a unit enters one side of the bridge and just teleports across 2 the other side?. and i plan 2 have units on top of the bridge while units are goin under it or teleporting under it.

Level 2
My idea was if you wanted to see the units go under, but the easiest way is to teleport the units. There's nothing else you can do without getting complicated.

Level 32
Try something like this Ghost765:

• Trigger1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    • Actions
      • Set L = (Center of Region 002 <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to L over 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to L, facing 45.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
  • Trigger2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    • Actions
      • Set L = (Center of Region 003 <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to L over 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to L, facing 315.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
  • You won't be able to see the unit actually moving under the bridge, it justs teleports to the other side of it.
  • The trigger conditions filter out critters: adjust them as needed.

Attachments

• !move_under_bridges.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.