• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridge Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi there! I am making a map in which I created a valley with a bridge on top of it. I would like to know how (if it is not impossible) to make the bridge in such a way that units can cross over it and under it as well.

Can someone pls help me?

Level 5
You may have just given me an idea bounty hunter2. What if I create another identical bridge on the object editor, but with no pathing? I can put this bridge at the start of the map, however when somebody wants to cross the bridge from above, I remove the no pathing bridge and put the normal one by triggering. And then, when the bridge has been crossed, I put the original one back one. I don't have time to try it out now but I think it should work. Anymore ideas people?

Level 11
The problem is, that wc3 can only handle one Zvalue as groundheight at a time. That means you can't have two ground units in the very same spot but on different levels. Only way would be to adjust the movement height of the units by trigger(convert them to airunits, or add the crowform ability via trigger). And that would be a huge pile of work. Cause even if that will work properly, the units will be still able to attack each other through the ground. That means an custom projectile system is needed as well... and melee will turn out much more difficult.

Level 3
The most simple solution would be to just create a
realistic looking' "underpass" that acts as a teleport from one side to the other, perhaps add a second or so delay between teleport and arrival? Seems the most practical solution to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.