• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am currently having some problems making custom bridges. All I am doing is replacing the model of a normal bridge with a custom bridge model. When a unit tries to cross the horizontal and vertical bridges it succeeds, however no unit can cross the diagonal bridges. Can anyone help me?

I checked out the pathing and it is correct for each bridge. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Level 5
The map is part of a campaign, so I can't really share it without uploading the entire campaign.

Screenshots of what I am doing are attached below.

The model is based off a diagonal 1 Extra Wide Bridge

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Pathing No water.jpg
    Pathing No water.jpg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Object Editor.jpg
    Object Editor.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 159

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

That's no Problem. Simply download and install JassNewGen World Editor and all those limitations will be removed. You will also be able to make maps even bigger though that isn't recommended cause of lag issues.

Level 5
It seems that the problem with the bridge is the fixed rotation in the object editor. Once you change this field the pathing is turned off too. This is the reason why only the horizontal bridge works. This is a real pity because it appears that the only way to import bridge models is to import one model for every orientation needed.

Edit: Solution found. Well it seems that for some reason I couldn't make invisible platforms work either. So I found another solution. I eliminated all pathing for my custom bridge. Then I imposed an extra wide bridge on it. I used triggers to hide the second bridge and voila! In game it appears as though the unit is crossing the custom bridge and it works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestions and +rep.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

No, NewGen cannot corrupt maps. That can happen for other reasons - say your power goes off while saving the map but it is not the editor's fault by any means. If you want to be safe, simply make a backup copy of your map somewhere and update it from time to time. I assure you that it works perfectly and so far hasn't cause me any issues.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But I heard that that program can corrupt maps. I'm not willing to risk that just to make a bridge passable. I'd rather remove it.
JNGP is not WEU. JNGP is as likely to corrupt your map as normal WE. In fact, it is even less likely as it makes backups of the last dozen odd saves you make so if something does happen you can roll back to a previous version.

If you make backups, it is not even an issue in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.