• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
are there anyway of allowing units to pass under a bridge? (the bridge would still have to be functional for units to pass over it.)

Basically the pathing of a bridge goes like this

BridgeRofl.jpg

The blue is where the unit would be able to walk, and the pink is unpathable by ground units. So if you wanted a unit to walk under it, Coolty44's suggestion would probably be best.

Level 20
I'm pretty sure Coolty44's option is the only 'sensible' way, it's like invisible platforms, if you place one high up for a model to stand on, a unit cannot exist underneath it. I don't think wc3 supports multiple height layers/on top of one another.

I suppose you could make it 'look' like they are walking under it, via height/collision triggers when they enter/leave regions along either side of the bridge (adjacent to the non-pathable pink bits).

If you don't want to use bridge for crossing, then you can make it that units go under it. Make torch and change it's model to bridge.

I believe there is a sound that you'll have to change if you do this, so mushrooms works even better. :D

Another way you could do it is with a set of invisible platforms that is destroyed when a unit enters what would be the pink area, and is recreated when a unit would enter the blue area. Of course the bridge wouldnt have pathing so essentially the pink and blue areas wouldnt exist. Just for the sake of basic explaination.

Status
Not open for further replies.