• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I keep losing 1v1 -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
It seems i can't win 1v1. wtf am i doing wrong, i play versus my friend and i lose (logicaly because he's better than me and knows what to do) but now i read the war3 guide on battle.net and thought 'lets give it a try against a easy/normal computer enemy.

Both beat me up, veeery easy. I was no match for them -.-

Im starting to believe blizzard is not very friendly with they're AI. There is no possible now i could see someone win from that computer at my perspective.. Melee is just to damn hard ...

So, help! xD

It seems i can't win 1v1. wtf am i doing wrong, i play versus my friend and i lose (logicaly because he's better than me and knows what to do) but now i read the war3 guide on battle.net and thought 'lets give it a try against a easy/normal computer enemy.

Both beat me up, veeery easy. I was no match for them -.-

Im starting to believe blizzard is not very friendly with they're AI. There is no possible now i could see someone win from that computer at my perspective.. Melee is just to damn hard ...

So, help! xD
Make sure you get more expos then them and don't let them stay alive and build up too big of a army, if your going vs comps... Vs comps all you really need to do is get lots of everything and make sure you allways have more gold and a bigger army.

Level 27
I now managed to get to tier 3, have some gold mines and a decent army. Still the computer quite owned me with his army, although i was able to defeat the first wave.

Damn that battle.net tips. There was a tip if you won a battle you should rush to the enemy camp because they possibly weren't prepared for such an attack.. Well... the computer was =/

Please someone good watch it and tell me what i am doing wrong.. can improve on or what i seem to miss all the time..

Attachments

• ReplayVsHuman.w3g
    165.8 KB · Views: 76
Level 37
HappyTauren said:
I mean are they allied with other comps. Like, you play alone against 7 allied insanes.
Of course they are allied each other. If they were not allied each other I would just build mass tower and wait till they kill each other.

The_wand_mirror, in wc3 ladder it's not important to do specific tactic. It's about to have good so called "micro". If you can micro well, you can win anyone, anytime with any tactics. All what you need to do is learn to "micro".

But then, how do you learn it? Simply: Just playing. If I were your teacher I would say that you must first play 100 RT and 100 SOLO game to get feel of it.

Level 7
I just accept it, i'm no good Wc3 Solo, but on sc I can beat most of my opponents, so on wc3 i go with a team for support. Otherwise I sometimes go against coms, but I dont make it my primary goal to be a better solo player.

Level 8
I guess you aren't good with micromanagement. Neither am I and I despise when people call me "noob" in DotA games when I lose with summoner heroes. Or in games like footman frenzy I suck because you have to control more than one guy.

Trust me Footman Frenzy is not the game it appears to be.
Hero Arena in disguise.

I suck at solos too, mainly cause I get too many units of one kind. But something that usually works is Gryphon riders and a bloodmage with banish. As long as he has lots of mana, your army's uber, if you're not targeting your own guys with banish.
But yes, you just have to micro, which I can't do very well online cause of the delay, but I don't do it anyway :D :D :D

Level 27
Rofl, yesterday i played online again for the first time in quite a while. im level 3 and that guy was level 16. So i thought well i will lose but i won't give up so easily. The funny thing was that i actually totally pwned him. I used the dreadlord to make his archmage sleep and then killed all the other troops he had. I had a secondary goldmine quite fast already so i was constantly training units to support my fighting army. Later on he killed my whole army because he was a fast upgrader, he had gone to tier 2 units. So i upgraded my ziggurats to towers and tried to defend my camp as long as possible while upgrading to tier 3 and training abominations and such lol.

He was planning to build towers in front of my camp and camp with an army there to later attack me and finish me off (Not very smart i could say but ok because he was doing nothing just standing there camping). I defeated his camping army because he was afraid of my ziggurat defense and later de reinforced his army (that was almost defeated) with some gyrocopters but i managed to train gargoyles and lure them into my ziggurat towers so i killed them off quikly and after he was quite heavily damaged and had almost no army left i rushed to his camp. Then he realized he couldn't win because i was with like 5 abominations and 4 gargoyles and i was still training so he left.

And i've also done 2v2. He first one was stupid, the enemy was laming me with blademaster by killing my acolytes and wind walking when i came to attack him, later i juist build some spirit towers and would run my acolytes to the spirit towers if he did it again. (I didn't have a death knight so i didnt have the possiblity to heal them) But the fucker of the opponents team left and soon the other left to.

After that it became funny lol. I did a new 2v2 and my ally left, i was quite pissed and ran of the enemy camp and came in a fight with his army, the funny thing was they both rushed to my camp so i build spirit towers to protect me, they were so foccused on killing my hero that i runned around with my Death Knight so they're heroes would be killed by my nerubians and spirit towers lol, i believe they thought to much of themselves because i killed like 3-4 heroes of them before they managed to kill mine and make me harmless to them =p

Anyways. Yay! XD

Level 22
Because it's not about what lvl u are but what level on what stats. SOmeone can be 21 lvl but 200 wins... = noob, ignore decay factor as a reason for so many games. At least I know a lvl 37 300 wins can be still good, not as good as lvl 37 110 wins, but still good. At leastr above 35 lvl, even with many games they are so-so good. I haven't seen high levels at 500-600 wins coz those lvl 30 at 400 wins or similar suck and with sucking skill they simply can't get higher than that. No wait, in order to do lvl 31 they make another 70 wins and losses.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well perhaps the most useful technique for starting is spying on your enemy. You have to predict what your opponent is going to get and start countering it. That's the main thing I aim(ed) for, or you could just make a strategy of your own and beat them up. Well finding such a strategy is not that possible, but you may find. I would advice you to use the first one since it increases your abilities to predict, counter. Also don't forget to harass. It's the most important thing early. If you don't harass and let your enemy grow up, then you are toast.

Check on which you don't do what I've written there.

Level 27
I've also read to place a shade in the enemies camp or to make shades follow enemy heroes. So you know exactly where you enemy is (and perhaps what he is doing) Could become usefull for attacking him when he just attacked some high level creeps =D (Called creep jacking right? or something like that)

Level 8
I don't about you guys but I find that scouting is one of the most important things to remember doing when it comes to Wc3. I don't see how you guys don't find the time to scout... Sending one worker to his death isn't much especially when it can give you valuable information about what units should be produced. If they expand and you don't find out because you didn't scout, then you're dead meat.

Level 10
Yeah the word was scouting ;/ I forgot and said SPY instead of SCOUT. Having predictions and counters about their units may change the tides of battle. Another thing I'd like to mention is items and mercenaries. If you get mercenaries like troll high priest and such units with buff, you have an advantage against your enemy. Also getting items like staff of silence or any summonable thing is good use.

Level 27
lol i've already reached my old level of melee skill. I now pwned my friend while he defeated me like 3-4 times in a row. now i pwned him back for 3 times in a row using dreadlord to sleep his paladin and killing his other units lol. After that using ghouls + necromancers to mass summon and if he would run away with his pally to make him sleep again and surround him with units to kill him rofl.

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.