• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Im Confused!! need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok im making a 1v3 map, havnt finished so im making it 1v1 for now, me vs comps, so i need to make a custom computer or somthin and some vjass, i have no idea im new to making computer players soooooo i need help on how i can make computer players in my map, help me plz!!

Level 11
That question is a bit stupid to ask because creating a AI is long work and specific, the best way I can say is look at the tutorials and look at the AI editor, make sure you get the Object Editor Script by going to your Object Editor, File/ Export Object Editor Data.

Level 4
wow i dont get that at alll.. well i meen like the condition part i dont get what the boolean and interger ect... is

Level 4
umm ok so for intiger do i have to make a an intiger condition for every unit and building and food, gold, lumber,(i put a trigger that gives them 5000 gold and lumber and a burrow that gives em 200 food to start out with)

Level 4
ok so i put in the integer thing 5000 gold then what i do for the rest like its at "5000 equal to 0" how do i fill the rest in, and btw am i basically controlling the computer? like what it does?

Level 11
I was giving a example, you didn't need to do something like that lol.

Honestly you have to be SUPER DETAILED specific about your map like what is the type what races is there, what you want them to do all that stuff cause honestly this is a none helpful topic.

Level 4
okkkkkkkkkkk so this is where i get confused, umm back to the races i am human and the other player,for now, is ork........................just forget it if its this much work to just put a stupid comp in then forget it, ima just work on my other map....

Last edited:
Level 12
okkkkkkkkkkk so this is where i get confused, umm back to the races i am human and the other player,for now, is ork........................just forget it if its this much work to just put a stupid comp in then forget it, ima just work on my other map....

From the looks of it, vJass is WTFSODIFFICULT for you, but, you shouldn't give up on vJass after reading it for a couple minutes/hours/days. (I know I didn't :hohum:)

Level 11
The thing is JASS and AI are 2 seperate things but they could act the same, and people keep saying ooo JASS is so much better than GUI, even if GUI can do the same thing JASS does. JASS is just more detailed is all, and understanding it is complex, because it's based off the C language.

Level 3
He is speaking the truth though, a Boolean basically returns 1 or 0 (AKA True or false).
But people without knowledge about programming/scripting/map making will probably not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.