• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Im a World Edit noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am a world edit noob and i would like some help with making maps. I know the basics (how to make a unit, some of the trigger functions, and a little bit about making spells) but if i ever want to make a map that has the potential to become popular, i need to become advanced. I mainly need help with triggers, i would like to know what the crap at the top of a unit (in the units tab) means, and i need help with making spells awesome. VARIABLES OMG! I have no idea how to use them; when i try i fail epicly. I would LOVE to know how to make a working multiboards too.

There may be a million other help threads, but i dont feel like surfing through them. im also not making two different threads for triggers and other things.

TROLLS WELCOME :ogre_hurrhurr:

Let me rephrase what im asking for. im basicly asking for tips and tricks on making my maps better (im also asking on how to make a multiboard). My current maps neither suck nor are awesome. Im trying to make my maps a step further and make them as close to awesome as i can get them.

Last edited:
Level 11
And there's many useful tutorials in Tutorials -section, in Hive.

Just search and read what you need to know.

And if you want to get started at map making, i recomment you to start with some TD, or other
easy map. Just to learn the basics.

Level 7
And there's many useful tutorials in Tutorials -section, in Hive.

Just search and read what you need to know.

And if you want to get started at map making, i recomment you to start with some TD, or other
easy map. Just to learn the basics.

i've already begun making maps, im just trying to become better at it. also, as i stated ealier, i am not going on a wild goose hunt to find help threads.

Level 14
Start by editing already existing maps. Once you've figured out how to use triggers/object data then try to make it on your own. Obviously you'd start out altering melee maps, and work your way up.

If you aren't willing to hunt down information on your own, then you're going to have a hard time getting answers. Before you can find answers, you have to figure out what you want to know and how to ask the right question.

//\\oo//\\

Level 7
Start by editing already existing maps. Once you've figured out how to use triggers/object data then try to make it on your own. Obviously you'd start out altering melee maps, and work your way up.

If you aren't willing to hunt down information on your own, then you're going to have a hard time getting answers. Before you can find answers, you have to figure out what you want to know and how to ask the right question.

//\\oo//\\

once again... sigh im not even going to repeat myself

Level 12
To become better, you need to strive to do so.

Search the help threads, or listen to the great advice you're being given. Searching the help threads for your questions is actually in the RULES.

If this isn't the type of help you are looking for, then explain in further detail what you're looking for.

I can GUARANTEE if you read some appropriate tutorials on this site, you'll learn what you want to learn through them and practice.

We all started somewhere. I myself am improving by helping others in this forum. By browsing through this forum, seeing the answers of all the multitudes of different questions being asked, I gain a small bit of knowledge that helps me later. After a while I finally had an epiphany when it came to variables, and now I understand when to use variables, if not always how many or which types to use. I recently within the last month have gotten to a point where I can start offering some solutions to problems that people here are having. Sure, sometimes there's much better solutions, but I can solve them, nonetheless.

It will be slow, it will not be easy, but you simply need to try instead of treating those who are trying to help you like idiots.

Level 17
To become better, you need to strive to do so.

Search the help threads, or listen to the great advice you're being given. Searching the help threads for your questions is actually in the RULES.

If this isn't the type of help you are looking for, then explain in further detail what you're looking for.

I can GUARANTEE if you read some appropriate tutorials on this site, you'll learn what you want to learn through them and practice.

We all started somewhere. I myself am improving by helping others in this forum. By browsing through this forum, seeing the answers of all the multitudes of different questions being asked, I gain a small bit of knowledge that helps me later. After a while I finally had an epiphany when it came to variables, and now I understand when to use variables, if not always how many or which types to use. I recently within the last month have gotten to a point where I can start offering some solutions to problems that people here are having. Sure, sometimes there's much better solutions, but I can solve them, nonetheless.

It will be slow, it will not be easy, but you simply need to try instead of treating those who are trying to help you like idiots.

this.

Status
Not open for further replies.