• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions about triggers and unit groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im making a map and im making temp unit groups to attack my base and i have some questions.

1. How do i make a temp unit group and add units too it.
2. How do i make a trigger that trains more units for my groups.
3. How do i make undead units collect stuff?
4. How do i make acolytes and other builders build stuff?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
1. without giving you the triggers, it really is as simple as you describe it.
create variable
add unit to variable
eventually destroy the group to avoid leaks.

There is a "unit group" tag in the action menu so it should be obvious.

3. What do you mean by "collect stuff"?

4. issue order in the unit category

Last edited:
Level 2
upload_2017-9-1_9-53-34.png

Like this?

Level 13
Not exactly, because you are, first, trying to give orders to a group that has no units at all (I assume), then you are adding those pre-placed units to it. That "Tempnecro1 = Tempnecro1" is not needed as it doesn't do anything.

Level 2
Not exactly, because you are, first, trying to give orders to a group that has no units at all (I assume), then you are adding those pre-placed units to it. That "Tempnecro1 = Tempnecro1" is not needed as it doesn't do anything.
i picked 1 crypt fiend and 2 necromancers. what do i replace with the second tempnecro1? Also my group wont move? If there was a video that would also be great\!

Level 25
Move the Add Necromancer, Crypt Fiend and Necromancer 2 to the top of the trigger.
Replace the "Pick everyone in group" with the action inside it, it already does order the units to move.

The editor reads the actions in the trigger from top to bottom, maybe that's not clear to you ?

I don't know why you're declaring the variable to be itself, it's like saying
LordDz is LordDz. Like.. It doesn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.