• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I just got attacked by malware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I think it was a backdoor agent- downloaded stuff in the background and then tried to lock me out. I can run Windows as an administrator, but every executable I try to run don't work. I tried to use SuperAntiSpyware, but the virus blocked it, along with other free antivirus software I tried to run. I tried to reload the whole PC with Windows XP Black (a cracked version of Windows with important drivers and the like built in already, along with I believe to be virus protection), but my computer wasn't reading it. I logged into administrator, found that it was finally being read, but the virus said "SETUP.exe is a virus, yata yata yata", the same with every other executable. I went into BIOS and tried to run from the CD, but when I got to the "booting list", all I saw was my floppy-disk drive and my hard drive. My dad's coming over with a new hard drive as well as the official Windows XP installation disk, but I have a lot of not-necessarily-important but a pain-in-the-butt to replace files.

Any way to give myself priviledges in order to use my antivirus software? All it says whenever I try to run the antivirus is that "you don't have proper priveledges" or something or other. Also, I can't run cmd prompt. "This is a virus and you can't use this .EXE" yatta yatta yatta.

On a side note, it was funny how the virus labled "run32.dll" as a virus.

Level 15
I reloaded the computer. A new question, though. I don't seem to have access to the internet, and I need to download/install drivers. Any suggestions? Oh, and my internet is working fine, the ethernet cord is plugged in, etc.

Level 15
Forget it it, I got all my drivers. My dad got me an ethernet card for temporary slow access, I got Driver Genius, and bam! All done.

Status
Not open for further replies.