• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MySafeSavings malware. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Earlier today my brother was downloading maps for Minecraft Demo from what I'll guess is a website arousing suspicion. I just got on my computer and have been dealing with undeletable adware called "mysafesavings.exe". I can't delete or uninstall it because its always running, and every time I try to close it with task manager it immediately starts up again in less than a second. I am using Windows 10.

I have since deleted the Minecraft demo and everything he downloaded, tried changing the permissions of the files in SafeSavings folder in ProgramData by changing the data in its backup file with gibberish, and its still running itself! :ogre_rage:

Does anyone else have experience with this malware? Does anyone have any clue what I can do to get rid of this cyber-bully from Hell? I'm about to lose it and jump out the window!

Level 4
I think I may have gotten rid of it, but I'm not sure if it was the result of me installing MalwareBytes.

The computer was lagging and I opened Task Manager again try again to stop mysafesavings.exe from running long enough for me to edit the ".exe" to something else.

I think it worked. When I did that it couldn't reactivate itself because I made it an unopenable type of file the trojan couldn't recognize fast enough during the lag. The computer lagging was one of its weapons, but it backfired! :xxd: I foiled MySafeSavings evil plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.