• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] I have made a giant mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Everyone,

i am unsure wether this is the right spot or not, but please guide me if it isn't.

I have just recently become aware that my map is a giant leaky mess when it comes to my triggers, and i really cant seem to be able to wrap my head around the fact that pretty much everything has to be changed in the way of triggers.

So i am asking if anyone has got time to either just look at it and point out where i need to implement a fix or do it for me (i have categorized everything very neatly so its easy to come around).

I am hoping to god someone could help me here :D
#PeaceAndLove!

Hello Everyone,

i am unsure wether this is the right spot or not, but please guide me if it isn't.

I have just recently become aware that my map is a giant leaky mess when it comes to my triggers, and i really cant seem to be able to wrap my head around the fact that pretty much everything has to be changed in the way of triggers.

So i am asking if anyone has got time to either just look at it and point out where i need to implement a fix or do it for me (i have categorized everything very neatly so its easy to come around).

I am hoping to god someone could help me here :D
#PeaceAndLove!
I have time to do such things from time to time.

If you post the map here openly, I'm sure that I or someone else will have a look soon.
Depending on how much it is, I might have time later today.

Level 5
I am very much late to this as i ran into summer vacation and we had a lot of family things :|

I will deffo drop it in here! i would appreciate it very much! :D

EDIT: Linked Map.
(Any improvement is greatly appreciated as i still think of myself as a WE Novice)

Attachments

• Another Hero Adventure RPG.w3m
    623 KB · Views: 19
Might also want to take a look at this:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

Last I tried that was causing desyncs.

Level 5

From the look of all the comments on that page i would rather like to not use that system even though it seems incredible :)
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Level 5
Does bumps work here and is it allowed? if so .. Bump :/ #Hoping really hard for a friendly soul <3

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A lot of simple triggers do not require that much change. Just when you create a location or group object you need to assign them to a variable so they can be cleaned up before losing all references to them. Also you only need to focus on triggers that run frequently or are highly complex as they usually will be the main source of leaks. Fixing the leaks of that trigger that runs once on map initialization is not going to change much compared to that trigger that runs every second, or even multiple times a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.