• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I download custom maps from sites and well they dont work, some do but not all. I click them on the game and click play game and then the screen goes away but it just pops up again to the game choosing screen. I cant play certain maps liek the 300 one. I dont know if its corrupted or something, it wont even show up the players on the maps that dont work.

PLEASE help

Level 9
Two things

It could be one of two things (IMO) :

1. The file didnt download completely.
Solution : ReDownload the map.

2. You dont have the version of warcraft required to run the map.
Solution : Download the latest version of Warcraft and update your warcraft.

But im pretty sure its the 1st one.

Level 32
Kixer's points SHOULD solve your problem. Update your Warcraft III to 1.21 Be sure that your browser settings are configured properly and restart your download.

I have some important additional points to make in regards to map quality and corruption.

Most internet sites that host maps do not inspect, test or verify those maps. You might very well be getting yourself a worthless (and maybe corrupted) piece of junk. Here at The Hive Workshop our Resource Moderators test each map for quality and stability before users are permitted to download it. This ensures that every map (even simple ones created by newbie map makers) will perform reliably. Beware of downloading unverified maps from other sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.