1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I Cannot use old 'hidden' models

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by MonPetitPote, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MonPetitPote

MonPetitPote

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello guys. I try to use the beta model of ballista in WE. When I paste the path of the balista (or catapult), the little preview screen shows that it works. However, in-game, it is replaced by new ones. I've just noted that there isn't difference between old or new pathes, just capital letters. Anything better to do ?
    Thanks for help

2. Tr!KzZ

Tr!KzZ

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm maybe replacing the old one and change the letters to capital that they will fit?
    normally it should work, as youdescriped, that you can see the unit in the preview.. I don't think that there's something wrong with the paths directly..

3. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Its like the normal Wc3... There are diffrent listfiles for World Editor and Wc3.
    If you select Ability - OrbOfLightning Missle you might switch to Missle - LightningMissle.
    Same way the other side. Its wc3.

4. MeKC

MeKC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or maybe they have the same path. Because they are located in two
    different .mpq

The old one is in war3.mpq and the new one in war3x.mpq. And since warcraft
    first will look in the war3x.mpq it will use the new one.
    (same as the orc catapult)

If im right, the only way is to export the model from the .mpq and import it
    to your map.

NOTE Im no 100% sure

5. BearMachine

BearMachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Go to the units properties then double click "art - model file - extra versions" and then check the reign of chaos box and that should do it.

6. MeKC

MeKC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow didnt even knew that