• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Am Legend Beta 4.3c

Reactions: neven1 and Dj0z
This game is based off the movie "I am legend"
Its not 100% like the movie nor the book.
well i know your all like "what are we all robert?"

In this zombie survival shooter you are marines from the safe zone sent to find robert neville and protect him while he finds the cure. You are given mission throughout the game. When completing these missions you gain hero lvls. Also you can gain ranks by gaining more zombie kills. There are different rewards for each rank you earn, rewards vary from new barricades, new weps, items, ect.

Game Modes:
Story (4 Difficulties)
Deathmatch
Survival
Last Stand

Features:
12 Missions
4 Fun Game Modes.
Zombie AI
Weapon System
Ammo System
Save/load
Ranking system

Credits to
Skins:
ana - zombie skin
Saikann -Ghoul Skin

Models:
Talon the Mage - Marine Model & wepons
Tenebis - Zombie Model
Hellish Hybrid - Zombie Marine Model

This game is still a beta so please pm me glitchs/cheats/bugs you may find.

UPDATE#1
-Fixed all known glitchs and Bugs
UPDATE#2
-Improved Terrain
-Fixed more bugs
-increased Zombie Damage
-Added another Surpise to Gameplay
UPDATE#3
-Added more Damage to Sniper
-Deleted unused imports
-Added SMG at start of game
-Added new sounds
-Fixed a minor bug
UPDATE#4
-Fixed Memory Leaks
UPDATE#5
-Fixed Timed Life Bug

Library.jpg

Road.jpg

Dead.jpg

Keywords:
I am Legend, suvival, fun, zombies, marines,FPS,survival,zombie survival,NOTD,dota,secret_bryan,swat
Contents

I Am Legend Beta 4.3c (Map)

Reviews
19:09, 5th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
I played it too.
It's a good game.
I found a bug thought.
After the mission where you have to defend the civillians, the next mission popps up, but in the objectives menu it doesn't change, so the game thinks that I just killed neutral zombies instead of the objective.

Level 2
Just tested the map and here is a bug report/suggestion/praise post.

Maybe a bug where when it starts raining the zombies come out but then the rest of the game its raining lol. You should set the rain to stop after the random zombie encounter because i never know when it ends by watching the weather.

Also when you mount the mini-gun it force drops a clip from you. Pretty sure that wasn't intended and it makes it rather difficult when u drop your ammo and your trying to shoot the fastest gun in the game =/

Maybe spawn some more random revival boxes? I'm not sure if they spawn without having the rank to call the drops but it would be nice to have some hope of reviving downed heroes during the daily search. if they do spawn me and a group of people searching everywhere in the city couldn't find a single one after 4 in game days. Maybe start with 1 or 2 in the lab on lower difficulties?

A skip intro option? I hate watching the "flying machine", which I'm pretty sure u should rename "helicopter", dropping us off every match.

Besides that its a really good map. I'm going to wait until its out of beta to rate it because that would be slightly unfair judging a work of art before the masterpiece has been finished. I'll report back if i find anything wrong with it, it's still fun to play in beta.

Level 22
Changed review up ahead...

Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

I am very sorry but i just found green icons, which i didn't notice before, review changed:

Description (Includes THW description, map description and Loading Screen):"

THW Description: The description is long, describes several information, has update list, screen shots (+3.5)
Map Description: also very much information (+3)
Loading Screen: Blue might not be the bestcolor for the text, but else it's ok aswell (+2.5)

Terrain:

Well no cooments on the terrain, s nice (+10)

Gameplay:

Has a multiboard, good terrain, custom sounds, even though not all, when equiping a weapon the model changes which is great as well. But i think the multiboard is bugged. It says "Ammo" but i've been using lots of ammo, but the number stays same... Green icons! Before +9 , now (+5)

Quest menu, Hints:

Quest menu: Quest menu contains many kinds of information (+5)
Hints: Hints are also included in a find amount (+5)

Aditional Information:

Well you have a multiboard, even though i think it has the bug... so i'm leaving the field null for now. Before null now (+5)
Score Board:

0%-49% = 1/5 vote for rejection
50%-60% = 2/5 but i vote for reviewed
61%-70% = 2/5 but i vote for Aproval
71%-80% = 3/5 vote for aproval
81%-92% = 4/5 vote for aproval
93%-100% = 5/5 vote for aproval
Results:

Total: 39/50
= 78%

Vote for Aproval?= Yes
Vote for Rejection?= No
Vote for Reviewed?= Yes

Until you fix the green icons, you get less schore ofc. and the map is at vote for reviewed, until green icons are fixed, this can't get approved

Last edited:
Level 4
Just tested the map and here is a bug report/suggestion/praise post.

Maybe a bug where when it starts raining the zombies come out but then the rest of the game its raining lol. You should set the rain to stop after the random zombie encounter because i never know when it ends by watching the weather.

Also when you mount the mini-gun it force drops a clip from you. Pretty sure that wasn't intended and it makes it rather difficult when u drop your ammo and your trying to shoot the fastest gun in the game =/

Maybe spawn some more random revival boxes? I'm not sure if they spawn without having the rank to call the drops but it would be nice to have some hope of reviving downed heroes during the daily search. if they do spawn me and a group of people searching everywhere in the city couldn't find a single one after 4 in game days. Maybe start with 1 or 2 in the lab on lower difficulties?

A skip intro option? I hate watching the "flying machine", which I'm pretty sure u should rename "helicopter", dropping us off every match.

Besides that its a really good map. I'm going to wait until its out of beta to rate it because that would be slightly unfair judging a work of art before the masterpiece has been finished. I'll report back if i find anything wrong with it, it's still fun to play in beta.

Well you can skip that beggining part just enter ur load code and it skips it for you

If you have a high ranked person in the room the amount of revival boxes dropped is increased. If you dont have any high ranked people there are 4-5 revival boxes already laid across the map.

About the Weather and Minigun glitches ill fix those in the next version.

the mission where u gotta destroy 3 zombies bases is buggged, wen i destroyed em all it doesnt finish the mission

But still ur map is awesome :D

i just found another type/bug/whatever

the critical strike has a 15% or w.e to do 1X damage !! >> 1X << WTF??

Try dowloading the new verions 4.3b in 4.3 there was a problem with that mission is should be fixed now.

Level 2
I just finished the zombie hideout mission and the story moved on successfully but the zombies became so strong the next night that i ended up dying so i couldn't test any further in the game.

Also I noticed another glitch/bug in the game. For the zombie hideout mission if u were to use a flare and kill them all without breaking open the doors the zombie hideouts become an impenetrable base if u jump over the door. Zombies wont attack the doors and with a pack of flares u can see over the wall and pick them off as they stand there. i suggest removing the doors from the hideouts to remove the temptation and making it so the zombies in the rooms only spawn when the mission starts to avoid accidentally running into an ambush at game start.

Another note would be after the first mission of defending Robert making the door to his house close-able for red by a chat command or close every night when the zombies come? i mean there massive steal doors but he doesn't ever close them. both of these would turn his house into a safe house but the trick would be getting back before nightfall or being trapped outside. this would remove the need for a jump ability since the door would be able to be opened and it would remove the chance of people getting into glitch spots where they cant be hit.

Well you can skip that beggining part just enter ur load code and it skips it for you
well it skips following the helocopter but the camera angle still is off until they land it seems. idk i could be wrong.

Level 4
I just finished the zombie hideout mission and the story moved on successfully but the zombies became so strong the next night that i ended up dying so i couldn't test any further in the game.

Also I noticed another glitch/bug in the game. For the zombie hideout mission if u were to use a flare and kill them all without breaking open the doors the zombie hideouts become an impenetrable base if u jump over the door. Zombies wont attack the doors and with a pack of flares u can see over the wall and pick them off as they stand there. i suggest removing the doors from the hideouts to remove the temptation and making it so the zombies in the rooms only spawn when the mission starts to avoid accidentally running into an ambush at game start.
ahh ok ill just remove the doors in 4.3d

Another note would be after the first mission of defending Robert making the door to his house close-able for red by a chat command or close every night when the zombies come? i mean there massive steal doors but he doesn't ever close them. both of these would turn his house into a safe house but the trick would be getting back before nightfall or being trapped outside. this would remove the need for a jump ability since the door would be able to be opened and it would remove the chance of people getting into glitch spots where they cant be hit.

Hey thats accually a good idea, but i wouldnt make it a command i like the idea of if you dont make it back in time ur locked out it adds another fear factor to the game.

well it skips following the helocopter but the camera angle still is off until they land it seems. idk i could be wrong.
Ya i know if u just scroll ur mouse it will fix the angle

Level 2
Cool. Glad to see your actually actively updating your map and taking advice =)

Also i noted not a lot of items spawn at the bottom below the river. not sure if its suppose to be a dry area for supplies or if its just some weird coincidence i never find anything down there.

Another note if you want to make the door close at night you may want to think about extending daylight hours by a minute or so. its hard enough to find supplies when your not worried about being locked outside for a night.

I'm gonna go ahead and host the new version on battle net and give more feedback if possible. this is shaping up to be a pretty good map.

Last edited:
Level 4
Also i noted not a lot of items spawn at the bottom below the river. not sure if its suppose to be a dry area for supplies or if its just some weird coincidence i never find anything down there.
I think its just because if an item were to spawn in the water it just automatically goes to land.

Another note if you want to make the door close at night you may want to think about extending daylight hours by a minute or so. its hard enough to find supplies when your not worried about being locked outside for a night.

Im going to have to think about the door thing and get some opinions and ideas on how it should be used fairly.

Level 2
i meant just south of the actual river near the bottom right. but after a few days i noticed the items spawned naturally.

to be honest i think u should remove flares from the game because they get people into a lot of trouble. the the building north of the farthest up zombie hideout if u shoot that jumper with a sniper rifle u have a very strong evolved human zombie on the loose. also u see a lot of stuff your not suppose to like the super cash of items in the top right that u cant really get to and the new shelter of mankind in the corner.

Also even when you load it teleports you back to the helicopter when it lands. maybe fix that?

Level 2
Well if you really have time for it you could always set a a region for every house that makes it slow flares don't effect inside houses or something, but that would take a long time lol.

Well I finally beat the story on easy and its pretty good. noticed a few more bugs along the way like the egg sacks don't always die when u shoot them for the evolved human, you have to try shooting at different angles some times idk why.

Also if you do it carefully you can jump into the water and be safe from everything but the zombie marines. Just another reason to remove jumping from the equation. not only that but u can jump to the second floor of the mall looking area with the elevators and that's a bit unrealistic(not to say jumping through walls is realistic >.<). I can see hopping over a barricade but too many people abuse jump.

The parasites in the room above the entrance to the sewer don't seem to attack back, but then again every time someone used a flare and shot them over the wall. Even then they remained stationary and didn't attempt to move towards the people shooting them.

Another thing is after you finish the 3 hideout quest it still pings the mini-map for the 3 places. Didn't stop until i was done with the UV quest.

There was one more glitch i found but I can't remember what it was at the moment. Will report back if i find it.

Level 22
Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

Since you say it's fixed, review changed:

Description (Includes THW description, map description and Loading Screen):"

THW Description: The description is long, describes several information, has update list, screen shots (+3.5)
Map Description: also very much information (+3)
Loading Screen: Blue might not be the best color for the text, but else it's ok aswell (+2.5)

Terrain:

Well no cooments on the terrain, s nice (+10)

Gameplay:

Has a multiboard, good terrain, custom sounds, even though not all, when equiping a weapon the model changes which is great as well. (+10)

Quest menu, Hints:

Quest menu: Quest menu contains many kinds of information (+5)
Hints: Hints are also included in a find amount (+5)

Aditional Information:

Well you have a multiboard. (+10)
Score Board:

0%-49% = 1/5 vote for rejection
50%-60% = 2/5 but i vote for reviewed
61%-70% = 2/5 but i vote for Aproval
71%-80% = 3/5 vote for aproval
81%-92% = 4/5 vote for aproval
93%-100% = 5/5 vote for aproval
Results:

Total: 49/50
= 98%

Vote for Aproval?= Yes
Vote for Rejection?= No
Vote for Reviewed?= No

Last edited:
Level 2
But i think the multiboard is bugged. It says "Ammo" but i've been using lots of ammo, but the number stays same... (+9)

When the table says "Ammo" it means ammo you have in stock, not the ammo you have in the gun. The table reflects everyone's "Lumber" so you can have an idea of where everyone is at clip wise and it takes roughly 2-5 seconds to update. If I'm wrong about the glitch your talking about I've never seen it nor has anyone i played with reported said glitch to me =/.

Anyway I'm gonna be gone for the rest of the weekend. I hope to come back to a new version =). If that's the case you can be sure ill be testing it for you when i come back. Have a good one Bryan.

Level 1
Hey, i really like this map :D i emailed you suggestions and fixes. and also posted them on mapmakersunited. so check them out :)

btw. i just read you wanted to remove flares.. why? They are very useful and i use like a hundred each game. and if you walk into buildings you can find zombies.. if there is no flare you never know if there are. and unless you have motivation or a humvee parked very close that almost means certain death. So please don't remove them :p the only thing that should be fixed with them. might be that zombies should always run towards you when they get flared. and also in the last mission.. doing that without flares then its all based on getting lucky and hoping you dont run into zombies.

its great that you are so active with the map btw :D It can become alot better then it is currently.

edit1: the door thing is a good suggestion but then maybe a countdown timer ? and i would only like to see it at where robert is and not in other places. it should also be destroyable. to me 500 hp is fair enough. can hold off a few zombies but wouldn't make barricades useless either.

also please make robert neville (Will Smith) Black instead of white lol

edit2: Where did the bot go btw? :O didn't see it last night :(
and why do the most zombies come at easy mode? it seems a bit strange to me. I'm not 100% sure on this. but im sure i was getting less zombies on normal mode for some reason. while it should be the other way around.

Level 3
i dont wana sound like **this is not your map** or something like that but i have seen other map like this one and i got it whit mision and stuff u didint copy right???(just asking)

Level 1
reaper is the map exactly the same then?

i did hear that he used the jump/crawl etc from another map. but that the map itself was made by him.

Level 1
oh ok.. thats just what i heard from Blueberrywizard (useast) he said he knows you.

anyway :p read my suggestions? and where is the bot? :p i wanna play it

Level 1
Everytime i Save the code is wrong. (the 2 letters are always different instead of only sometimes). So everytime i try to load it it says its invalid.

You should really fix this asap, cause its very annoying. My last working code still works, but there's no point in playing if i know i can't save it..

Level 1
4.3b saving still works fine and weatherforcast to.

4.3c saving doesn't work for me and weatherforcast doesn't show up.

;)

Level 2
Hey Brian. Did you end up fixing the helicopter part? even if u load it still teleports you back to the spawn point after the opening movie.

Level 3
hey bryan, this is astrokillernaut from b.net. i havent been on for a while lol because ive kinda got bored for some reason, but we should play i am legend some time, i think i have my code lol. oh, i remember that first time we playeed and we were last 2 survivors haha
well hope you get this man, hit me back, just to chat, true to yours, your biggest fan, this is stan :p

-(~aSTroKilLErNaUt~)-

Level 7
Man great man R+ but yeah.. Keep the flares and the gates i think its fine like that maybe have a trigger to have more jumpers and the bigger ones.. But what really irks me when you go into a building run out during day time and the zombies follow you for a few miles they should die you know what i mean?.. Great map im a SSeargent atm hell of fun

Level 1
Can you PLLEEAASE fix the saving. its the reason i never play it anymore.

Yesterday was the only time i saw the game again in like a month. If saving doesn't work many ppl wont bother playing it.

Level 3
This map is great. I can't really think of anything that you could add cept maybe some options for survival mode. Like maybe making options for higher drop rates or higher spawn. I'll leave this reply to put the idea into many peoples heads, because i'm not always the most creative.

Ideas: 5/5 --> I loved the movie, and I think its close enough. Yet far away enough to be considered seperate. I love it.

Description: 5/5 --> I like the fact that you warned them that its not exactly like the book or the movie. It sets a standard so they don't expect perfection.

Game Play: 5/5 --> The gameplay can be altered even to the slightest bit. It's perfect for Multiplayer and very challenging for single player. Though i don't get too far :xxd: :xxd:

Terrain: 4/5 --> The city is great, I love the wreckage and detail that would represent a true war-torn destroyed city. I don't entirely like the wilderness. I see in many places it's just flat. Add some hills and maybe some ditches. If you'd want to make those more realistic add some slow effects to the hills and ditches.

Missions: 5/5 --> They are very challenging. Wide-spread city-scale missions are not only challenging but fun. On single player I was only able to do two of them though :gg:

Total: 6/5 --> Great job. :thumbs_up: Like i said earlier i can't find much to suggest to add.

Level 12
This map is greatly made.

The atmosphere is greatly created, the custom communication sounds for missions etc are used perfectly.

I didnt exactly understand the ammo system, i thought it was all the numbers on the weapon icons in the inventory, but there is an ammo field (replacing wood).
As far as it works, anyways...

The amount of supplies is nice, even though i don't exactly understand why a school for example is filled with weapons but oh well.

The battles themselves dont require much skill for aiming, but that is a matter of personal taste. The interest in this map is different, about using (or not) barricades, grenades, placing them correctly and at the right place. Such things.

The "cinematic" parts are nice, start is especially pleasant ( +nice copter drop), even though we could see the map shortly before the actual intro, but that's minor.

Mutants jumping (i guess through windows, even though i didn't hear such a sound) is one of the additional features adding to the atmosphere and making the pace fast. Nice touches.

I have tested only 1 game mode, but there are 3 others, and it's a good thing.
The 4 levels of difficulty are a nice plus aswell.

I think the screenshots don't do justice to the map, maybe take more pics of action parts.
The one with the mutants standing in a line between bookshelves did a bad impression to me. Just doesnt look uhh, "natural" ?

Bug: when jumping over invul doors into the school, you get teleported to a random place away from it...
Better put a condition upon "unit starts casting" to unallow jumping there totally?

I think that's all for the neutral/bad points.

EDIT: Bad points:
-I just understood the ammo system, it wasn't so intuitive all in all. It's bugged i think, minigun cannot be reloaded.
When i pick a new one on the floor, it's empty aswell. Flamethrower seems way too hungry of ammo for the damage it does.
*Also, add a cap. When all allies were dead, i could hand around with 45 grenades, 12 flares, 56 barricades, ~1370 ammo, my minigunn and land mines, in just my one marine's backpack... I was a whole walking military base alone. Makes no sense o_O .

-I realized you have some sort of custom projectile system, nice, but there is first an instant part in the shot, rather powerful, making the custom projectile sorta pointless.

-Why do grenades have a cooldown? does one's hand need to recover physically for launching another one or something?..
-Why do sight-revealing flare items have no cooldown? and have default name and infinite range aswell?

-The mission ping in story mode is fucked up. It seems to remember only 1 of the pings, and sometimes it just forgets it, just placing it in the center of the map while the mission is somewhere else. Confuses people into dying...
example: bring the school guys to radio station. Ping just pings the middle of the map, while radio is near the western edge.

-I thought there were revival items, someone said that. We searched over 60% of the map and found none... What's the point of letting dead marines have a corpse (if there's none)?

-Why are doodads that you can attack, invulnerable (cuz of astronomic hp)?! It lets people waste precious ammunition on barrels and stuff before they understand.

-It seems the game doesn't notify when a player leaves, not sure though.

Overall, very nicely done.

I couldn't test very long, since i had d/c (wasnt the map's fault) but i'm going to re-host it, it's fun. Good job :)

EDIT: Bad points detected. See spoiler part. Rating reduced to 4/5.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey, game is very fun. I've played 3 games thus far and I'm the rank that lets you drop barricades. This leads to my next question, how DO I drop things as the game states you can? I have no clue how and I would appreciate some help, thank you.
:grin:

Level 2
Very nice game and its a game that when i started to play w3 and still to today i like ( its about 1 year and a half) and i want to know when its coming the new vercion comming =3. pls tell me !
Nice job, keep up the good work. ;D

Oh Btw i found a bug =O when you get your 2 backup marine and use "drop current wepon" the marine turns into one marine hero "Survival" tipe.
and pls the max lvl now is 100 can you put 150 or 200 pls *-*.
and we need more rewards >.>

Last edited: