• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hypothetical: play sounds, set quests for different players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm brainstorming for a new map and had a few hypothetical questions. You don't need to post triggers or anything (if I need them I can always come back).

The map would be a multiplayer Battle.Net map.

1. Would it be possible to play a custom sound files for 1 player but not others?

2. Is it possible to set up quests, so some players will see some quests, and other players will see other quests?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
1. Yes. There is a function called StartSoundForPlayerBJ() which you can use to play sound for a specific player. Are you using triggers? You can use a custom script: StartSoundForPlayerBJ( Player(0) , "MySound.mp3" ) to play for Red player.

2. Quests are a bit more tricky. You can use GetLocalPlayer() to make things differ between the various players and apparently it works with strings, so theoretically, you'd need to create a set of Quest and Quest Requirement type objects and then use GetLocalPlayer() to set quest titles and descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.