• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Different quests for different players ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im designing a map where two opposing teams of players embark in combat vs each other and doing their own separate quests. Is there any way to add a Quest to the quest menu without it being displayed to all players ? There is no Add Quest for Player action as far as I can tell, or is there a workaround solution ?

Level 2
This may not be the best solution but if you get handy with dialogue boxes then you could make an alternative quest section that would contain the current quests and such. A bit of work, but it would work. contact me if you need more help with that.

Level 8
There's no way to set quests for specific players.

You might consider renaming the left column to "Team A quests" and the right column to "Team B quests" or something similar. Both sides would know the quests that the other side has, but it should be relatively clear which ones are for which.

Level 1
Thanks, both solutions would work ... its just a matter of wether I want opposing players to know which quests their opposition are busy doing. On the one hand I want it to be possible for the opposition to spoil a quest, but at same time this must not be made too easy.

Level 8
Keep in mind that the quest information that you put in the quest menu only needs to be a reminder to the players of what they're trying to accomplish. You can give the bulk of the quest text to the appropriate players using "Game - Text Message", which you can easily show to only a certain player group.

Status
Not open for further replies.