• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made two quests:
1. Human- Destroy Orcs
2. Orcs- Destroy Humans

There are two teams, Orcs and Humans. Each team is made up of four players. Here is what I need to happen.

When all Orc buildings have been destroyed, it flashes a message to humans saying Quest complete, and Quest failed to the Orcs. Then I want it to go into the Human victory cinema I made.

When all Human buildings have been destroyed, it flashes a message to Orcs saying Quest complete, and Quest failed to the Humans. Then I want it to go into the Orc victory cinema I made.

So it needs to not end the game and the losers need to not be kicked so they can watch the cinema. Help?

Level 7
Kam said:
Yes, but how do I trigger the start? There is no action for group buildings destroyed. Help?

event - unit is killed

conditions - number of buildings owned by owner of dying unit matching (is alive) is less than 1

actions - blah blah start cinematic

i suppose u could change the player to check all of them on 1 team if thats what ur after

Level 7
Kam said:
How do I make it so a quest only shows for player 1, 2, 11, 12 and a different quest show for 6, 7, 9, 10? When I do for each player in player group allies of player 1 red, the quest shows up 4 times in the quest box. I can also see the enemies quest. Help?

o, afaik quests are generic you can't make them different for all players

and the reason for the each player thing is this
each player allies to player 1 is: 1 2 11 12
so it runs it for P1, creates the quest
then it goes to P2 and runs it, creates the quest
P11, create the quest

and since quests are generic ur gonna see each time the quest was created

Status
Not open for further replies.