• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Players giving quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Please share your ideas on how you would do the following:

There are 6 players. Each player can give a quest to another player. How the quest is given (a building with trigger-abilities?) is up to you. There also needs to be a reward for the quest (this could be expensive items bought at a shop).
Also quests can be cancelled at any time by any player (the Quest Giving Player (QGP) and the Quest Receiving Player(QRP)).
Once the quest is completed the QGP loses his pledged items and the QRP receives them as a reward.

Level 2
Quest command is pretty nifty. Didn't think of that. Let's go with that. BUT! no other player may see the typed command. Do you know how to intercept a message? (not even allies can see the message and going into the F12 menu is too tedious). I've seen it done in an RPG.

I hope to hear from you soon

Level 24
there might be a way to make text completely transparent. in Vuen's Crystal D&D, when you talk nothing shows up onscreen (not even your name), but it shows up on the chat board and as an in-game message. i think that's what's happening, except the DMs can apparently talk to each other normally . maybe you can change the colour of specific players' text?

Level 6
set player names to something like " " or download some string file someone did at wc3c (dunno if it will turn off chat for all players thou)

Level 24
in Vuen's D&D you can type it to Everyone or Allies and it still ends up blank... even on your screen >_>
it shows up on the chat log though, with a space under every message.

Status
Not open for further replies.