• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problems brainstorming some compelling quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm at a point in my game where i must come up with a series of quests for players to do; my random room generator system is dependent on what quest i come up with.

I did some research on what makes a quest... well a quest! After reading thru wikipedia, worldofwarcraft, arreat summit (diablo), and some others site that offer quests examples, I couldn't help but come up with conclusion: There are 3 kinds of quest...
  • Kill something
  • Deliver something
  • Collect something

This, to me, seem somewhat mundane; wouldn't you agree?
---

Well anyways, i posted this thread in hopes that you, the reader, might remember some compelling quests from stories, games, books, lore, etc... you encounter in the past.

I will then analyze your answer to see what kind of quests or combination of quests people generally consider to be a... well good quest.

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if you could answer this question: what do you think make a quest good?
(aside from the obvious reason; it has to fit with the theme of the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.