• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest Problems +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So, Let me just explain this shortly, also, this may be one of my noobish questions ever that you can answer. I will explain this with a story in-game: So I got 3 quests. 1 Main and 2 Optional. I got the first main quest at the start of the game, while the 2 optional ones were the region enter trigger. I ignored the optional quests and just completed the first main quest. But, I sort of noobishly (made up that word) don't know how to do that. As in my map making life, I always used the "Quest- Mark (Last created quest) completed" trigger. I never used the variable thing because I don't know how. If anyone can tell me, I shall give them +rep. Sorry if this is too nooby. I will try to answer your questions about my question too if I can understand it.

Level 30
So, Let me just explain this shortly, also, this may be one of my noobish questions ever that you can answer. I will explain this with a story in-game: So I got 3 quests. 1 Main and 2 Optional. I got the first main quest at the start of the game, while the 2 optional ones were the region enter trigger. I ignored the optional quests and just completed the first main quest. But, I sort of noobishly (made up that word) don't know how to do that. As in my map making life, I always used the "Quest- Mark (Last created quest) completed" trigger. I never used the variable thing because I don't know how. If anyone can tell me, I shall give them +rep. Sorry if this is too nooby. I will try to answer your questions about my question too if I can understand it.

Well, let me first explain why use Variables in quests when marking them as complete. Base on my opinion, you use this to keep tracks of quests incase you've lost track because if you are not using a variable, it might case confusion in the triggers. Variables usually acts to save information so you can use it for later. Here is a more brief and in-depth explanation of Variables: Variables and Arrays

To use variables, go to Trigger Editor, then find an icon above that displays an X. That's variable.

Level 9
Well, let me first explain why use Variables in quests when marking them as complete. Base on my opinion, you use this to keep tracks of quests incase you've lost track because if you are not using a variable, it might case confusion in the triggers. Variables usually acts to save information so you can use it for later. Here is a more brief and in-depth explanation of Variables: Variables and Arrays

To use variables, go to Trigger Editor, then find an icon above that displays an X. That's variable.

Are you simply saying to me, if I include a variable with a quest in a trigger, and then in another trigger I can sort of complete the quest by just changing the "Last Created Quest" with the variable itself?

Level 30
Are you simply saying to me, if I include a variable with a quest in a trigger, and then in another trigger I can sort of complete the quest by just changing the "Last Created Quest" with the variable itself?

Yes, because using Last Created Quest has ways that can be confusing like this situation I have encountered when I still dont know how to use variables. I am making two quests and after fully making those, I applied the trigger Mark Last created quest to the first quest but because it scanned the the second quest as the Last Created Quest, it marked the second quest completed. See? Its confusing. Setting Variables after Creating a quest is a good idea because it will store it. But for Variables to be use, you need to set them first by this trigger:

• Set Broodmother = Broodmother 0129 <gen>
This is an example on how you can make a variable be effective. Remember a variable will not take effect if you have not set it up first.

Level 9
Yes, because using Last Created Quest has ways that can be confusing like this situation I have encountered when I still dont know how to use variables. I am making two quests and after fully making those, I applied the trigger Mark Last created quest to the first quest but because it scanned the the second quest as the Last Created Quest, it marked the second quest completed. See? Its confusing. Setting Variables after Creating a quest is a good idea because it will store it. But for Variables to be use, you need to set them first by this trigger:

• Set Broodmother = Broodmother 0129 <gen>
This is an example on how you can make a variable be effective. Remember a variable will not take effect if you have not set it up first.

Wow, you just helped me bro. +Rep. In all my map making life I never knew this. Thanks for the information. (Can't give rep because of the Rep system)

Status
Not open for further replies.