• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HumanOilPlatform

To go along with my Human oil Tanker model.
Good as a naval goldmine.

Keywords:
oil, platform, naval, sea, goldmine
Contents

HumanOilPlatform (Model)

Reviews
09:12, 14th Dec 2008 General Frank: Very nice idea and good execution. Works ingame.

M

09:12, 14th Dec 2008
General Frank:

Very nice idea and good execution. Works ingame.

Very inventive! How about an alternate set of animations for a platform on land?
4/5

I'll think about it....

Can't remember if buildings will actually use swim anims.
If they can though, all I'd have to do is duplicate the current anims and only have the black oil under the building visible for the swim anims

beautifull :D

But can you add some smoke to the Stand work animation? I cant see any...

There is smoke in the stand work anim.

if you get a chance change the material that has the replaceable 1 and the workshop texture so the workshop texture filter mode is BLEND not TRANSPARENT, the red will be less POW in your face, otherwise, looks good, 4/5 good execution but just a very minor ping on originality and animations.

With only those two tiny spots of team color, I figured that it would be better if it were "POW in your face".

Level 6
There is smoke in the stand work anim.

With only those two tiny spots of team color, I figured that it would be better if it were "POW in your face".

The smoke isn't visible from the Model Editor, but it is from the game, so that's ok.

Brilliant model! I am making a Warcraft II style campagin and this will go brilliantly for the Human Oil platform. =)

As you said you would, make the orc one! 'Twould be brilliant!

... Now to work out how to make sure they can only build on oil spots...

... Now to work out how to make sure they can only build on oil spots...

Make the oil patch based off the goldmine (Remove "gold mine ability")
Make the platform based off the haunted goldmine (Replace "haunted gold mine ability" with "goldmine ability")

The only problem I came across was that the game didn't automatically replace the oil patch when an oil platform was destroyed before being emptied due to the fact that it wasn't registering as a goldmine anymore. I have yet to think of a way to retain the oil patch's "gold mine ability" without the oil tankers being able to harvest it.

The best I managed to due without triggers is add a modified version of the "spawn hydra" ability.

Level 6
Om nom nom nom.

<3

Needs work animation.

Kam it has one, it just can't be seen from the Model Editor.

yes, the unique f*cking problem is how to add another resource to the game, the unique bad thing from warcarft3 is that it dont have more than 2 resources...

Use Triggers and a Multiboard/Leederboard. Fiddly and Exploitable, but it should work. If they don't have enough "Oil" then it stops them building.

Use Floating text to represent the oil coming in from the ships, above the shipyard.

Level 6
Its what I am going to do in my Warcraft II campaign I am making... =)

Now to work out how to make them only buildable on oil patches... =/

And I have an "r" which I missed off my Username when I signed up. Its Elven Spellmaker, he he. =)