• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[html/css] design themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
So I was tinkering on a website, mostly to try to make a clean template with bootstrap 4

I figured I there should be an option for color theme.

For starters, a dark/light theme. This would mean:
  • Colors of text tags such as h3, p and a would change through css
  • the html would use different classes btn-dark and btn-light respectively
I am aware that this is technically possible by modifying the files through javascript when confirming a configuration.
This feels like a very ugly solution however. My other idea was to somehow have presets, meaning multiple copies of css and html files which feels terribly inconvenient since updating one page force you to update the others.

But I was hoping for other ideas/solutions.

So I was tinkering on a website, mostly to try to make a clean template with bootstrap 4

I figured I there should be an option for color theme.

For starters, a dark/light theme. This would mean:
  • Colors of text tags such as h3, p and a would change through css
  • the html would use different classes btn-dark and btn-light respectively
I am aware that this is technically possible by modifying the files through javascript when confirming a configuration.
This feels like a very ugly solution however. My other idea was to somehow have presets, meaning multiple copies of css and html files which feels terribly inconvenient since updating one page force you to update the others.

But I was hoping for other ideas/solutions.

You can use something like bootswatch, or your own custom CSS files. I think having a .css for each theme would be the best option if there are plenty of differences between each theme. If not, like you said you can use javascript to dynamically change a few colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.