• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to transform units into animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi. I just made an account now. I got this idea of an orc shaman transforming into a wolf then back to orc form just like how the druid of the claw does. I tried making a custom bear form ability wherein the alternate form is the wolf and the normal form is the orc. When i tested it, the ability doesnt even transform the orc. Are specific units only capable of transforming or did I made a mistake?:confused: Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hi. I just made an account now. I got this idea of an orc shaman transforming into a wolf then back to orc form just like how the druid of the claw does. I tried making a custom bear form ability wherein the alternate form is the wolf and the normal form is the orc. When i tested it, the ability doesnt even transform the orc. Are specific units only capable of transforming or did I made a mistake?:confused: Thanks in advance. :smile:

I think only some units have a Morph animation.

If that's required you could also replace the unit and back again with triggers.

Level 4
You mean like ultimate skill of Banehollow? If it that so, maybe you can use true form skill from druid (unit like lone druid) and set the buffs with buff like summoning (i mean with time). Some units have their own form animation, so just edit the special effect caster on buff when the skill will active

Level 8

Only certain units have a Morph/Transformation animation. Otherwise the unit will just stand there before suddenly being replaced out of the blue.

You might want to try a trigger that detects when the ability begins the effect then make a special effect on the unit that makes it appear that it is morphing.

Yes, you made a mistake. This ability should work and do what you want. Though as noted by others there is no "morph" animation. However, you can use some effect to cover this up and it's no big deal. Make sure the wolf unit is a "special" unit. Try using the druid as a base. Copy the druid and change the model to shaman and the race to orc. Remove all abilities. Now copy the bear form ability and call it wolf form. Add it to your new shaman. Copy the bear and make it a wolf model and change the race to orc. Now go back to the ability and make the new wolf model the one the ability uses. I think that should do it. Test it out and let us know. There is no need for triggers for something this simple. Once you get it working then fix all the tool tips and all and you will have a really cool unit. I think that's a great idea. I can't believe I have never seen it before. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.