• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Transforming Hero

Level 2
Hi Hive,

I am quite new to making units in the World Editor. I am trying to make a unit that can switch between two different forms (the closest comparison to what I want is probably the Tinker's Robo-Goblin ability). However, in the Tinker's case, the base form has the same Hero abilities as the altered form. I want the base form to have different Hero abilities than the alternate form. Is such a thing possible?

I tried making a the base form and alternate form as their own custom Hero units. I then made a custom ability based on Robo-Goblin, but changed the base unit type to the base form I made and the altered unit type to the alternate form I made. I then tried to transform the base form of the hero into the alternate form, but the hero's abilities did not change. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this and I can clarify anything if needed. Thanks!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello, the problem with the Morph abilities is that they expect the same abilities in both forms. Note how the Demon Hunter, Tinker, and Alchemist all follow this pattern.

That being said, a "dual ability set" Hero has been done a thousand times and the solutions vary from patch to patch. Let's go back in time!
Skim through those and hopefully you can find a solid solution.