• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to train in the barracks MultiGender Footmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When, I train Infantry (Footmans) I want the model to change randomly between men and women or in their defect maybe a 80% chance that the trained soldier is male and the other 20% is female.

I will use a female footman model imported from here, but i dont know how to do this, i mean, when a put some foomans on the barracks quekes And finish the training time, the fresh trained unit will be Male or Female Footman.

Level 15
Usually you do this by replacing the unit once it's finished.
You can either use a dummy unit, that will be replaced a male or female soldier or you make one gender that is trainable and have a chance to replace it by the other gender.
The first solution has the advantage, that you can use a gender indipendent icon for the dummy unit that will be visible in the barracks.

Level 2
Usually you do this by replacing the unit once it's finished.
You can either use a dummy unit, that will be replaced a male or female soldier or you make one gender that is trainable and have a chance to replace it by the other gender.
The first solution has the advantage, that you can use a gender indipendent icon for the dummy unit that will be visible in the barracks.
in the first option you mean via triggers?, por example as a event: A units gets trained on Humans barracks and change the trained unit for the wished female or male unit?, cause i dont want two different units on the barracks as female footman and male footman that do the exact same thing.

Level 15
They are both via triggers. It's just a decision whether you want
  • to train a dummy unit, that will transfrom into male or female
or
  • to train the male unit, that will possibly transform into female

Level 2
They are both via triggers. It's just a decision whether you want
  • to train a dummy unit, that will transfrom into male or female
or
  • to train the male unit, that will possibly transform into female
I want the second one, but how i do it?

Level 15
  • Replace
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Less than or equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Trained unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
          • Unit - Order (Last replaced unit) to Move To (Rally-Point of (Triggering unit) as a point)
        • Else - Actions

Level 2
Thanks Man!, i Will use it for programing the base map of a campaign that im planning to do, very helpfull!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unit - Order (Last replaced unit) to Move To (Rally-Point of (Triggering unit) as a point)
This leaks and does not factor in that rally points can target widgets as well as ground.

Instead of replacing the unit you can transform the unit using a dummy crow form or bear form which is then removed from the unit. This should keep player stats more accurate.

In StarCraft II this would be extremely easy to do as the actor/model system supports unit variations as seen by the Dark Templar.

Level 2
This leaks and does not factor in that rally points can target widgets as well as ground.

Instead of replacing the unit you can transform the unit using a dummy crow form or bear form which is then removed from the unit. This should keep player stats more accurate.

In StarCraft II this would be extremely easy to do as the actor/model system supports unit variations as seen by the Dark Templar.
I dont understand, StarCraft Editor is compatible with Warcraft 3 TFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.