• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to stun units without giving them buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think not. But if u want to keep a unit stunned and don't want "stun" buff, you can trigger an ability to pause the unit, cuz u know, pause works the same way as a stun.

Level 24
You can stun a unit without a buff with a dummy that casts Mass Teleport.
You could also do it with making the unit cast a Channel based spell with massive follow through time and disable other abilities... however... it will be interrupted by silences, triggered ordering, normal stuns, etc.

Level 7
You can stun a unit without a buff with a dummy that casts Mass Teleport.
You could also do it with making the unit cast a Channel based spell with massive follow through time and disable other abilities... however... it will be interrupted by silences, triggered ordering, normal stuns, etc.

Can you explain the mass teleport method please.

Level 15
Pause unit works as it says, it stops all damage over time ability from working, status effects to persist thus it works exactly like time stop (faceless void from the old dota, but now that was fixed so). Another way is to spam move unit instantly at about 50 times a second, moving the caster at the same location they would have been, the problem for this is that they will jerk, try to attack targets but appear to stand still, to fix that you have to up the fps to about 100 to solve but you sacrifice performance power :p

Level 24
The cons are that you need one dummy per stun... or at least per unit if you do it properly.
Also, you probably want to have the dummy units be placed in a location where you will never look... it is extremely hard to hide the aura special effect of Mass Teleport... so hard that you wont understand how to do it :/

Level 11
Wait, can't you just remove the effect the mass teleport creates?

Pause works perfectly for me, except for the disabling of other abilities thing, and just like destiny.kinght, it actually stops the time for a unit....
I need to stun the unit without the buff and the "spiral" effect over the head... (you can just change it, but not remove it, or im wrong?), but still be able to remove the buff so I can "wake" the unit up,..... is that even possible or I'm asking too much? xD

Level 24
Not entirely.
Unless I have been missing something.

You can remove the special effect above the unit, but you cannot remove the buff from War Stomp, Storm Bolt/Firebolt, etc.
I dont really understand what you mean with "wake the unit up".

Level 24
You can end the stun depending on how you added it.
With stunning abilities, you remove the stun by removing the buff (you cannot remove the buff while still stunning).
With Mass Teleport, you can stop the stun by removing the dummy unit or ordering it to stop.
With other stuff, like PauseUnit, you stop it by calling PauseUnit(u, false) or something like that. Same with UnitSuspend.

@Bribe, will that also work if the unit is silenced, stunned, issued orders via triggers, moves instantly and stuff like that, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.