• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to resize special effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have had some trouble with some imported special effects in my map, they are too big. Is there a way to resize them to a desired scale?

The only way I can come to think of is to make a dummy unit with the effect and then scale the dummy, but that would mean I would have to make a trigger that moves it on the triggering unit.

Would be much appreciated with info.

Level 2
Aha, I've heard that before. So I just change the size of the unit for a very short time, add the effect and then I resize him back to normal and the special effect should be smaller?

Level 19
so it would be very usefull if gameitself has a non-modelled BUT has origin etc points kind unit ... so we could attach the models on it and vertexcolor-scale it

Level 2
Hm, I recently came up with another question. Are there any ways of resizing a point effect? 'cause when you attach a special effect to a point it used the 1.00 scale, annoying as it is I was wondering if there were any ways to resize that one as well?

By the way, thanks for teh help :p

Level 2
PurplePoot, when I try to attach a special effect to a certain dummy that I resized, it shows no special effects at all. Is that because of the model I'm using? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.