• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to recreate Leviathan's Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
As the title says...
The "difficult parts" about it are:
1) It spreads from the center towards the edges, it doesn't just happen all at once.
2) All of the field is filled with spikes. I don't see any gaps, or overlaps. (Actually there are some neglectable gaps at its max range, but it still looks good)
3) When the spikes hit an enemy - they become long (as they should). I doubt that this effect was achieved by using the "AddSpecialEffect" function.
4) They lift the enemies in the air, and then stun them. This could be simulated with jumping system + stunning system, but I really doubt Ice Frog did it like this.

I suppose it could've alse been achieved by making a dummy at Leviathan's position, and make it cast Impale in different directions, but then nearby enemies could get hit by several of the casts at once.

I'm also curious about 1 spell from Castle Fight, which is an Impale, but with a cone AoE, not just a straight line. The corrupted treeant has it (legendary unit).

Level 11
As the title says...
The "difficult parts" about it are:
1) It spreads from the center towards the edges, it doesn't just happen all at once.
2) All of the field is filled with spikes. I don't see any gaps, or overlaps. (Actually there are some neglectable gaps at its max range, but it still looks good)
3) When the spikes hit an enemy - they become long (as they should). I doubt that this effect was achieved by using the "AddSpecialEffect" function.
4) They lift the enemies in the air, and then stun them. This could be simulated with jumping system + stunning system, but I really doubt Ice Frog did it like this.

I suppose it could've alse been achieved by making a dummy at Leviathan's position, and make it cast Impale in different directions, but then nearby enemies could get hit by several of the casts at once.

I'm also curious about 1 spell from Castle Fight, which is an Impale, but with a cone AoE, not just a straight line. The corrupted treeant has it (legendary unit).
YOU MAY CHANGE EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN "USE ABILITY" TRIGGER.
ENJOY

Attachments

• Tidehunter Ult by Fruit Forest.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.