• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Movement limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello
What I´m trying to do is bit complicated yet simple
I´m trying to make Player lose control over unit´s movement but still be able to use that units spells.

The idea is that in game Player spawns a unit and this unit starts charging towards enemy´s (player2) spawning grounds. Second player does the same obviously. They clash in the middle of the map and they try to get to the spawning building of another player and destroy it. But once unit is spawned I don´t want it to be able to move backwards or sideways but I still want it to be able to use its spells.

I´ve kind of achieved this by changing the owner of the unit to another player which is allied with him. So it only attacks enemies, player loses control over his unit but it still uses spells it has. But the idea was that you need to keep an eye on your units mana and use the spell once it´s ready.

Level 1
You'l coud try giving your units the shared shop ability (allows allies to buy items/units, cast spells, use/Move/take items (which can be exploited to move units arounds, but only if there are items in the inventory or on the ground) ).
Each melee race shop have this skill.
Thank you this works perfectly fine :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.