• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make units attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The problem is that I need enemy units to attack my base, but if I blocked the only way to the base with towers, enemy units dont just go to the towers, that blockes the passage and attack them, but just go around the base.
I use trigger "pick units and order them to patrol to the centre of the region"

Level 2
  • Gate unit 1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 4 Skeleton Warrior for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Область 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 3 Skeleton Archer for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Область 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Order (Units in Область 003 <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) to Patrol To (Center of Область 002 <gen>)

But I try all other comand and units still just go around the base and try to find passage.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

The unit goes around the base? Did you block off the entire base with gates or something?

If so, make them attack move right outside the gates. Or open the gates.

Level 2
No towers are not invulnerable and the base is surrounded with mountains and there is the only one way into the base, but if I build towers in that place, enemy units don’t try to attack them, but just run in circles around the mountains.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yes, blocking off the base will have that affect. As I said, do an attack move outside that choke point, then order them in after the choke point of unblocked.

Level 2
Well yes It will for this specific point, but I could build this blocking line of towers in many other places.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Make a waypoint system. Essentially, have lots of regions along the path, and when the unit steps into those regions order them to attack-move to the next.

Level 2
By the way in warcraft 3 no matter how close you place two large buildings units can still pass thought them, how can you make this work with towers?

Level 10
That has to do with "Pathing - Pathing Map" of your building in the Object Editor. Play around with that field.

You can press "P" in the World Editor to see the pathing map of your buildings. Pink means that units cannot move over it, blue means that units can move over it but you cannot build on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.