1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to make units attack

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Rayman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Rayman

Rayman

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem is that I need enemy units to attack my base, but if I blocked the only way to the base with towers, enemy units dont just go to the towers, that blockes the passage and attack them, but just go around the base.
    I use trigger "pick units and order them to patrol to the centre of the region"

2. mogulkhan1Axe

mogulkhan1Axe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    try attack-move command and not patrol

3. mogulkhan1Axe

mogulkhan1Axe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  4. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You'll need to trigger something to counter that or make smart use of object editor's features with priority and attack.

5. Rayman

Rayman

Resources:
    Resources:
    • Gate unit 1
      • Events
        • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Unit - Create 4 Skeleton Warrior for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Область 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Create 3 Skeleton Archer for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Область 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Unit Group - Order (Units in Область 003 <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) to Patrol To (Center of Область 002 <gen>)

But I try all other comand and units still just go around the base and try to find passage.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  6. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are the towers invulnerable?

7. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The unit goes around the base? Did you block off the entire base with gates or something?

If so, make them attack move right outside the gates. Or open the gates.

8. Rayman

Rayman

Resources:
    Resources:
    No towers are not invulnerable and the base is surrounded with mountains and there is the only one way into the base, but if I build towers in that place, enemy units don’t try to attack them, but just run in circles around the mountains.

9. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, blocking off the base will have that affect. As I said, do an attack move outside that choke point, then order them in after the choke point of unblocked.

10. Rayman

Rayman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yes It will for this specific point, but I could build this blocking line of towers in many other places.

11. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make a waypoint system. Essentially, have lots of regions along the path, and when the unit steps into those regions order them to attack-move to the next.

12. Rayman

Rayman

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way in warcraft 3 no matter how close you place two large buildings units can still pass thought them, how can you make this work with towers?

13. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    That has to do with "Pathing - Pathing Map" of your building in the Object Editor. Play around with that field.

You can press "P" in the World Editor to see the pathing map of your buildings. Pink means that units cannot move over it, blue means that units can move over it but you cannot build on it.