• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make unit able to cast spells meanwhile sliding? - unit move interrupt orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey i downloaded spell from hive and modyfited it to suit my purposes. the only one issue i have meanwhile unit is sliding on ice i cannot cast abilities but i would like abilities to be possible to casted. i tired to replace Unit move to set unit x and y but then slide system works in bit weird way. if player does not move unit then he will keep making circles on the ice. sorry my english is bad u gotta see the difference in test map yourself. i mean when i use action MoveUnitTo then unit will take straight path and eventually go out of ice area if player does not touch him but when i use set unit x and y unit will make circles at ice path and do not go out of ice terrain even when player does not control him and the next issue is unit looks like hes moving fast on ice, it does not look like hes sliding.

Attachments

• SlideSystemModification.w3x
    36.3 KB · Views: 12
MoveUnit will stop unit's current order
SetUnitX/Y won't

In TurningTrigger sliding unit needs to be ordered
PAUSE
STOP
UNPAUSE

to make it cancel move order, and only sliding. Here also comes tricky part, that unit should not be ordered above STOP order sequence if it's a cast order towards point. You might use filter for move, smart, attack, patrol to get orders which you want to be stopped.

It still would not cover all cases, for example when going from unslideable terrain on sliding terrain with only 1 click. But it's some start.

Level 11
@IcemanBo did i do this correctly?
1645480358757.png

at first i put pause stop and unpause at before i move ordered unit, it didnt work then when i put them behind moving unit it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.