• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making slide terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey i would like to make sliding on ice like on this video.
the defeault standard one without any special reserve turnings. i know there is system for ice slide on spell section but i dont think it is worth to install it for my map because i need the slide ice for 2 areas in my map so thats like 10% of my map i noticed the system has a lot of code libraries timers indexers so i wouldnt like this everything to sit in my memory for the next hour of my map especially because slide will happen at start. is there any simpler way to make it? if thats helps then i could even have prepared regions for places of sliding

Level 21
maybe I'm wrong, but if all the relevant triggers are off when the characters aren't near them, I don't think that having the libraries in your map file should really effect performance. and it seems like a shame to not use something that already exists and does exactly what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.