• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sliding and death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hey guys I would like help with the following things. Can you please send a map that shows following things?

1. I know how to make a unit dye when it enters a region but how do I make the unit die when it touches a spesific ground (like snow for example). While it slides on an outher type of ground (like ice for example)?

2. How do I change sliding speed?

3. How do I make one sort of ice where the characters slide the oposit way of what the players tell them?

4. How do I make an ice where he slides but where they dont can change direction.

Level 4
This trigger would kill any hero walking on snow.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Mathing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Icecrown Glacier - Snow
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
The other ones require more work though... Do you have a slide system already? If you have, if it's based on 'move unit' then just change the length of which the unit moves in every interval to change the speed.

Level 4
Dues to me being bored and a momentary obsession with slide maps I made my own system. It's a whole slide system which i guess could easily be added to.

Note that it still leaks unitgroups.

Attachments

• Slide.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 62
This trigger would kill any hero walking on snow.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Mathing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Icecrown Glacier - Snow
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
The other ones require more work though... Do you have a slide system already? If you have, if it's based on 'move unit' then just change the length of which the unit moves in every interval to change the speed.

This one will lag like it is unholy - make sure you remove all the leaks in it

Level 24
I do not have a sliding system and i would like to have a sliding system where the unit starts to slide when it walks on a special type of ice and not when it eners a region.

Level 24
Sliding

Ok i got ED_reborns guide to work so now I´ve a sliding system and thanks to him and WherewolfTherewolf i got 3 of my questions answered so now it´s just 2 left.

1. How do I make an ice were the units cant turn?

2. How do I make an ice were the units moves the oposit way of what the players tell them (Remember those 2 shall work a special sort of ground and not when a unit enters a region)?

Status
Not open for further replies.