• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

slide trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
GUI are 'regular' triggers.
The name comes from "Graphical User Interface", basically it's a coding language where everything has been done for you.

JASS is the raw form of GUI, and the actual coding language of Warcraft.

But really, what does that have to do with this slide trigger apart from the fact that you need to know it?

Level 16
i do think you should use setUnitX(udg_unit, udg_RealX)
and setUnitY(udg_unit, udg_RealY), since some sliding map needs spell casting, and using setUnitX and Y doesn't interupt spellcasting, or any other channeling or commands.

and its a lot faster. xD.

but since it works just fine right now, i guess that should do.

Level 28
i do think you should use setUnitX(udg_unit, udg_RealX)
and setUnitY(udg_unit, udg_RealY), since some sliding map needs spell casting, and using setUnitX and Y doesn't interupt spellcasting, or any other channeling or commands.

and its a lot faster. xD.

but since it works just fine right now, i guess that should do.
...That's JASS, not GUI.
And if you want to do what you're doing, then you might as well want to turn everything in JASS, as the entire ITE is also inefficient in GUI. And while you're on it: polar projection: hideous! Math functions are a lot more gorgeous.

I only code in JASS, using locations is so outdated :p

But yeah, this is GUI, leave it in GUI. I dislike half-breeds. (So when I talk about 'efficiency' in a GUI system, I'm talking about GUI-only - aside from leak removal).

Status
Not open for further replies.