• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i have 10 Questions ----- need mass help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
First: Hi all!:)

I got lots of questions in which I need an answer BUT plz answer with in the ROC way of world editor because my map is for ROC and NOT TFT!!

map is escape slide map

Q1-how i add locust to my units so that i can't select them?

Q2-how do i make a reverse slide? (when player click right it should go left, up should go down, .......)

Q3-in a normal slide trigger when one player is sliding i want to boost is speed when he reaches a region on the map and keep the speed till he gets to another region and then turn it off.

Q4-i want to be able to make a lvl where the only thing a player can do is to press ESCAPE of is keyboard to move along the lvl.

Q5-i would like to know, when a unit is sliding and is coming to an obstacle, how to make the player press ESCAPE so that the unit can dissapear and reappear after the obstacle?

Q6-when i have 3 different type of ice tyle how can i make one slow ice (so players slide slow) another medium ice(so players slide normal) and another fast ice (so players slide fast)?

Q7-in only one lvl i would like, when players are sliding on a normal ice, that they can press ESCAPE so that for 3 second the speed changes to normal :fp: to fast

Q8-i want to be able that people that are playing my map can see the minutes elasped from the start in a leaderboard

Q9-i made a lvl but i want to set a timer in it! i mean that when a players reaches a checkpoint a countdown of 5 min starts and the players need to pass the lvl in those 5 min or else they all die and need to start again till they suceed!

Q10-in another lvl that i made i would that players at the beginning of level press ESCAPE to give command to start sliding on a normal ice but then that to move, instead of using the mouse, that they move only by using ARROW KEYS!

I know its a lot but i really appreciate help!
Thanks to all kind of help!!
cheers

Level 4
well that doesn't help much since i dunno where are the examples that i should look and since the answer to locust works only for a TFT map and not for a ROC map which is what i need...

Level 3
Q1-
2 choices:
1) through trigger, using Add Ability: Locust
2) just edit the unit skill's

Q2-
just change the angle of the position where the unit is moved to when sliding

Q3-in a normal slide trigger when one player is sliding i want to boost is speed when he reaches a region on the map and keep the speed till he gets to another region and then turn it off.
give the unit a buff and when it's sliding check, if unit has that buff make him go faster

Q4-
event - player skips cinematic
that is "when player presses ESC" and you do the action the way you want it to be

Q5-
make it move X units the direction the unit is standing

Q6-
check terrain under unit

Q7-
give unit owned by player pressing ESC a buff

Q8-
make a leaderboard that updates every second with a value of +1 so every second it goes 1, 1+1(2), 2+1(3), 4, 5, 6 etc

Q9-
start timer for 5 minutes
timer expires: he loses

Q10-
look for an arrow keys movement system and make it switch between slide and arrows when pressing esc

note: when I say to give buffs to the units, that could be replaced with the option of checking the ms of the unit everytime it slides so when it has higher movespeed it moves faster, therefore you only have to buff the units speeds to make it move faster

note 2: for most of this to work your slide has to be triggered, for example. every 0.1 seconds move X unit to 10 units in front of it, so it works the same way as ice escape

Level 4
Q1-
2 choices:
1) through trigger, using Add Ability: Locust
2) just edit the unit skill's

Q2-
just change the angle of the position where the unit is moved to when sliding

give the unit a buff and when it's sliding check, if unit has that buff make him go faster

Q4-
event - player skips cinematic
that is "when player presses ESC" and you do the action the way you want it to be

Q5-
make it move X units the direction the unit is standing

Q6-
check terrain under unit

Q7-
give unit owned by player pressing ESC a buff

Q8-
make a leaderboard that updates every second with a value of +1 so every second it goes 1, 1+1(2), 2+1(3), 4, 5, 6 etc

Q9-
start timer for 5 minutes
timer expires: he loses

Q10-
look for an arrow keys movement system and make it switch between slide and arrows when pressing esc

note: when I say to give buffs to the units, that could be replaced with the option of checking the ms of the unit everytime it slides so when it has higher movespeed it moves faster, therefore you only have to buff the units speeds to make it move faster

note 2: for most of this to work your slide has to be triggered, for example. every 0.1 seconds move X unit to 10 units in front of it, so it works the same way as ice escape

I get it many thanks but can you possibly detail your answers step by step?Like: event:... condition:... action:... since i dont know very well where am i suppose to start.

I got a very good idea! Buy tft -.-

i have TFT and i'm using it but the map i'm making is a map for ROC and for ROC version they don't accept all things that are in TFT...for example if i go on object editor and add to a unit the ability locust when i wanna test my map they say: "now the expantion is required because of changes in object editor" and after that i can't host my map on ROC but only on TFT...

Locust don't exist in ROC, as far as I know

It does exist and i attached you a ROC map so you can see:)

Attachments

• Maze of Rescuers 4 [Locust].w3m
    578.8 KB · Views: 43
Level 15
i have TFT and i'm using it but the map i'm making is a map for ROC and for ROC version they don't accept all things that are in TFT...for example if i go on object editor and add to a unit the ability locust when i wanna test my map they say: "now the expantion is required because of changes in object editor" and after that i can't host my map on ROC but only on TFT...

Why would you do this? Most people is playing TFT anyways...

Level 4
exactly...most people...doesn't mean all people...i don't play TFT...i'm just asking questions on world editor with detailed answer possibly (event,condition,action) that fit with ROC version...

Level 8
if you already have TFT then why dont you just use that? It would sure make this whole thing easier on you. I dont see a point in playing & making maps for ROC when you have TFT.

Level 4
i heard from someone, but don't know how to do it, that when i use TFT stuff in world editor and i want to host my map on ROC i can be able to convert it by using MPQ..is that true?if yes, how i convert?so as you say it will be a lot easier for me to work with TFT stuff and after convert my map into ROC version!

Status
Not open for further replies.