• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can Some One fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
it's un Ice Speeder but it's not working when a unit slides on ice
pls help
  • Ice Speeder
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 002 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (hero) movement speed to 522.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set (hero) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (hero))
    • Variable - Set Variable = hero
here's my slide trigger
  • SLIDE
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 4.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
  • degree set
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Target point of issued order) over 0.00 seconds

Last edited:
Level 12
what do you meen????
you had only posted 1 trigger at that time, so i thought that was the problem

if it is, then this is what i meant

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Region 01
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Slider = (Entering unit)
    • Unit - Set Slider movement speed to 522
    • Wait 2.00 seconds(game time)
    • Unit - Set Slider movement speed to (Default movement speed of Slider)

Level 9
you had only posted 1 trigger at that time, so i thought that was the problem

if it is, then this is what i meant

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Region 01
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Slider = (Entering unit)
    • Unit - Set Slider movement speed to 522
    • Wait 2.00 seconds(game time)
    • Unit - Set Slider movement speed to (Default movement speed of Slider)

no that doesn't work for me if the unit is not on ice it mayt work but my unit is on ice

yeah umm, heres your problem... the unit isnt moving with movement speed when it is sliding, you will have to create a duplicate trigger of the regular sliding but change the offset to a bigger number, say, 20, then activate that trigger when you enter region, wait (how ever long you want) then deactivate the trigger.

ill post it.

• Sliding Speed (initially off)
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by ~"=20.00="~ towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
  • Speed Slide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Your region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off original Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on original Sliding Speed <gen>
The "original Sliding Speed" trigger is the regular Slide that you already have. the ~"=20.00="~ is what i changed

Level 9
yeah umm, heres your problem... the unit isnt moving with movement speed when it is sliding, you will have to create a duplicate trigger of the regular sliding but change the offset to a bigger number, say, 20, then activate that trigger when you enter region, wait (how ever long you want) then deactivate the trigger.

ill post it.

• Sliding Speed (initially off)
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by ~"=20.00="~ towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
  • Speed Slide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Your region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off original Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Sliding Speed <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on original Sliding Speed <gen>
The "original Sliding Speed" trigger is the regular Slide that you already have. the ~"=20.00="~ is what i changed

k but on a multiplayer?
I trayed manny conditions but it's not working to be only for the triggering unit

k but on a multiplayer?

hmm, make the trigger only effect the unit that enters...

Wait... I've got a crazy idea.

• Slide
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[1] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[2] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[3] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
ok this is demonstrating for only 3 players, but, what i have done, is replaced the offset by a variable, defined on initialization for your regular offset, 4, and checked for each player of sliding.
  • Speed Slide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Your Region; Lol srry)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SlideSpeed[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = 20.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Set SlideSpeed[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = 4.00
So this trigger will check if the unit enters the region, and set the offset of the regular sliding to 20 for 2 seconds for the owner of the entering unit!
you only need this trigger and the slide trigger i made above, but make the actions for every player. it is MUI~!!

Last edited:
Level 9
hmm, make the trigger only effect the unit that enters...

Wait... I've got a crazy idea.

• Slide
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[1] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[2] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[3] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
ok this is demonstrating for only 3 players, but, what i have done, is replaced the offset by a variable, defined on initialization for your regular offset, 4, and checked for each player of sliding.
  • Speed Slide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Current camera bounds)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SlideSpeed[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = 20.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Set SlideSpeed[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = 4.00
So this trigger will check if the unit enters the region, and set the offset of the regular sliding to 20 for 2 seconds for the owner of the entering unit!
you only need this trigger and the slide trigger i made above, but make the actions for every player. it is MUI~!!

View attachment ttttttttttt.w3x
here see if you can fix it it's just speedet from the begining
and if I add thurn off from map initialization it will be turned off
fixed the jump so fix only the speeder
10x

Level 9
O, Sorry, The Region Should Be Your Region Lol
yep but I have a little problem
  • slide speed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SlideSpeed = 8.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Set SlideSpeed = 4.00
How Can I add The [(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] part?
and SlideSpeed is what variable ?
(real ; point ? )

Level 9
SlideSpeed is an integer Variable.

When you are making the Variable, there is a checkbox that says, array. Check that and press ok, leave the array 1. then you change the array to the [(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))]

can't Add it here
  • SLIDESpeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to (Player 1 (Red) controller)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by ttt towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))

• slide speed offer
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SlideSpeed[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = 8
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Set Variable = 4.00
and that's the second problem
I think you better try it

Level 9
Real Array 1 0 defayt
?
  • SLIDESpeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to (Player 1 (Red) controller)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[10] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))
it's just not working
"offset by SlideSpeed[10]"
the 10 must be there?

isn't it something like that
  • SLIDESpeed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to (Player 1 (Red) controller)) and ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by SlideSpeed[(Integer((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit))))] towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees))

and man it 's flying over object's but not over teren
  • Jump
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Your Region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 522.00
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 500.00 at 250.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 250.00
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) On
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
what I meen is that you fly but if you hit that terain you die (Terrain KIller)
can we move the curcle arount the unit to be in the air too?

Last edited:
saio. Speedslide[array] is the players speed. so that means that player 1 will be Speedslide[1], player 2 will be Speedslide[2] and so on. and what ever the default is then leave it.

For the Jump, make the trigger that kills players when they touch the ground have an if condition that states if the jump trigger is running or not. so if it isnt running then kill player, if it is running, dont kill player

Level 9
saio. Speedslide[array] is the players speed. so that means that player 1 will be Speedslide[1], player 2 will be Speedslide[2] and so on. and what ever the default is then leave it.

For the Jump, make the trigger that kills players when they touch the ground have an if condition that states if the jump trigger is running or not. so if it isnt running then kill player, if it is running, dont kill player
coudn't be easyer to make the unit fully fly ?
  • teren
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
well i mesed up the conditions
can you fix them ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.