• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make a smooth blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to make a spell that temporary creates a blighted area (like desecration in wow), but i'd like the blight to be created smoothly and not all at once (which is what happens if you use the SetBlight() function), also the blighted area has to disappear once the spell ends, except where it was already blighted before the spell.

The only idea i had to do this was to make several regions and use the SetBlight function on all of them, one by one, checking if the area is already blighted or not (if it is, it'll set some variable to 1 so it won't get removed once the spell ends), but i'm hoping in something simplier

Any ideas on how to do that? i was thinking maybe to use doodads or locusted unit that will emulate the blighted terrain, but i don't think it's possible (though it would've been better than creating blighted terrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.