• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How to Make a Simple Quest in WE to Show Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I know, what a seemingly useless tutorial for the average WE user, but not for those new guys. And yes, I made this for a new guy.

OK, lets begin.

First off, open the World Editor, which will be often refered to as WE, not only in this tutorial, but almost anywhere else you go. Then open up your map that you want to add a quest to.

Open up the Trigger Editor.

attachment.php

Create a new trigger. It does not matter what category you create it in or the name you give it. (In this tutorial, I have named it Quest Creator.)

attachment.php

Click the button titled "New Event".

attachment.php

A window titled "Configure Event" should a appear. There is a dropbox (denoted in the following screenshot) that contains a list of events for your trigger. You don't need to open this for creating quests at the beginning of the game. Click OK.

attachment.php

Your trigger now has the "Map Initialization" event.

attachment.php

Click the Actions button. A window titled "Configure Action" should appear. Open up the dropbox (denoted in the following screenshot) by clicking the arrow to the right of it.

attachment.php

Scroll down in the list of Actions until you find the Action "Quest - Create Quest". Select it. The "Configure Action" window now looks like the following screenshot.

attachment.php

You can basically do whatever you want at this point. You can make the quest a Required Quest or an Optional Quest, depending on which column you want it to be in on the Quest Log. The first column is Required Quests and the second column is Optional Quests. Give the quest a suitable title like "Game Info", make the description actual information about the game, and make the icon really anything you want, though I'd use a book or a scroll.

attachment.php

And now, well, your done. That's it. Anyway, uh have fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.