1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to make a secondary build menu?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by MSTVD, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MSTVD

MSTVD

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I want to experiment a bit with a human peasant and tried to make a secondary build menu for "advanced buildings" using the BTNAdvStruct icon

I tried looking up tutorials and I cannot find anything, can someone please help me or redirect me?

Attached Files:

2. Aeryn

Aeryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are possible solutions I can think of:

1) Use a spell as a building menu, when you cast the spell, replace the unit with another builder.

2) Use spellbook. But that way worker's won't have repair animation.

3. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe make two identical units with different buildings, have a button to swap build menus that replaces the unit.

4. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:

5. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's the most common way to achieve the advanced building function. However, if you use two different units, you won't be able to hold shift to build several buildings from both primary and secondary menus. For example, if you order a peasant to build a farm (primary menu) and a shipyard (secondary menu) by using shift, the first order will be canceled.

To my knowledge, many people have tried, but there is no perfect system. There will always be a flaw somewhere. Nonetheless, having two identical units which can swap building menus is probably the best solution at the moment. Hopefuly, maybe Blizzard will add a feature to easily create a second building menu in the future (and a third, a fourth... why not?). I really hope they will.

Some threads about this subject:
    Advanced Building
    Basic and Advanced Build Icons

6. Kurnelia'zooz

Kurnelia'zooz

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you add "repair" on the animation string it will use repair animation.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't.

8. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've done this. I used a dummy ability as second ability.

I added the building options of both building 'abulites' to the building list in the object editorof the appropriate worker unit.

At game start I disable the buildings supposed to be in the second menu.

When the 'dummy' build is clicked, I disable the main menus buildings from being build, then enable the second menu. Then I force the unit to open the build menu 'force UI key' I think.

And vica versa, I disable the buildings supposed to be in the second menu whenever it is not used. This might require you to do some trickery with the spell book and giving it the build order id. That is not what I did, but probably a lot cleaner.

Basically you have to play around with 'limit training/construction of unit' of the units of the appropriate types in each menu.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019