• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
iam total noob at that
how can i use a spellbook?

you can find Spell Book in object editor , go to Abilities tab > Special > Items > Spell Book.

but first you need to create an ability based on Build Tiny Scout Tower (Abilities > Special > Items > Build Tiny Scout Tower) and then change the 'Data - Unit created' to the building you want. After that, put the ability you made inside the 'Data - Spell List' of Spell Book. After you fill the Spell Book with all your abilities, give the Spell Book ability to the builder.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
you can find Spell Book in object editor , go to Abilities tab > Special > Items > Spell Book.

but first you need to create an ability based on Build Tiny Scout Tower (Abilities > Special > Items > Build Tiny Scout Tower) and then change the 'Data - Unit created' to the building you want. After that, put the ability you made inside the 'Data - Spell List' of Spell Book. After you fill the Spell Book with all your abilities, give the Spell Book ability to the builder.
Note: If he does it this way, the worker wont have a build animation though.

Tashadan: For me, I think u should create a transform spell which will transform ur worker (with basic building) into another type of worker (with advanced building). Doing this will make the worker have the animation when build something (which makes it more realistic than using the Spell Book).
If u wonder how to make this, I have a test map for u. Here:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ahfi0k

Level 25
Another thing you can try:
Make a dummy builder unit without a model for every builder.
Make an ability based on Berserk for the builder, this will be the Advanced Building button.
When this ability is used, the dummy builder will be selected for the player, with its build menu open (use Force UI Key to open the build menu).
Make a trigger that, when the dummy unit is issued orders, the orders are given to the actual builder, and also a trigger that periodically moves the dummy builder to the actual builder.
Next, if you are using human powerbuilding, once a building starts you'll have to tell the advanced builder to stop, and order the actual builder to start building it.
If you aren't, which I'm assuming is the case since you have Warcraft 2.5 in your signature, you'll have to hide the actual builder unit until the building is finished/destroyed.

Level 13
i used the version with the ability which works fine in general but i tried to use force UI key to open the advanced builders build menu and its bugs
sometimes it works but often the normal build menu opens (with the standard buildings)
what did i wrong?

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Advanced Building
Actions
Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key b

EDIT: the problem is that the peasant doesnt automaticly transform back after i builded an advanced building or press cancel
can someone help me with that?

Level 13
i tried something else... but i cant get it running. Can someone have a look why its not working? I used the berserk ability to create 2 new abilities, normal build and advanced build.

• normal build
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to build human
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Town Hall Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Workshop Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Arcane Sanctum Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Gryphon Aviary Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Arcane Vault Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Farm Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Altar of Kings Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Barracks Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Blacksmith Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Scout Tower Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key B
  • Advanced Build
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to adv build human
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Town Hall Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Workshop Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Arcane Sanctum Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Gryphon Aviary Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Arcane Vault Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Farm Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Altar of Kings Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Barracks Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Blacksmith Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Make Scout Tower Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key B
normal build works but the advanced doesnt :(

Attachments

• advbuild.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 71
Level 13
seems its not perfect aswell :( when i build several buildings and i switch to advanced buildings all non advanced buildings are canceled :( too bad Blizzard never implemented this.... think i have to stick with a second worker unit.

Level 5
What I did is have an ability on the worker that did nothing but replace the worker with an alternate-build-menu-worker. Here is a trigger I made:

• Unit Ability Event
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Alternate Build Menu
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Worker (Alternate Build Menu) using The old unit's life and mana
          • Selection - Add (Last replaced unit) to selection for (Owner of (Casting unit))
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Alternate Build Menu (Back)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Worker using The old unit's life and mana
          • Selection - Add (Last replaced unit) to selection for (Owner of (Casting unit))
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.