• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Issue Oredr for a unit to use Cloud Based abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
0 mana cost and no techtree requirements. Spells like this always worked, but for some reason I never managed to order a dummy to cast cloud based abilities.

It adds the ability properly and summons the unit and everything, but never does the order (manual casts work). Changing the base order id does nothing.

Level 8
I just did a quick test and it worked for me.

Check what targets are valid for the spell. I once had a spell based on Cloud that was meant to slow and silence all units in the AoE. But if the caster was caught in it, the spell would never go off and he would be perma-debuffed (in my case slowed & silenced forever until buff was removed or he died).

I eventually found a solution, which was to check 'not self' in the targets allowed field. :p

Level 18
0 mana cost and no techtree requirements. Spells like this always worked, but for some reason I never managed to order a dummy to cast cloud based abilities.

It adds the ability properly and summons the unit and everything, but never does the order (manual casts work). Changing the base order id does nothing.

1.check if you have custom ability based on "channel" in your map
2.check if you used "cloudoffog" order in any of found abilities.
3.if so, look at Data-TargetType, it should be Point Target /only/

zibi

Level 18
Wc3 caches every order ID (in integer form) with a certain target type (e.g. instant, unit/point target). When an ability with a yet uncached order ID is first added to a unit the abilitys target type is cached. This cache counts for all units and all players.

Manually casting an ability does not use the cached target type but the IssueXXXOrder natives (and probably other things) do.
So such a native might try to cast blink (which is point target) as instant target, which will of course fail (though the native might return true).

Ezekiel12 told me some time ago about that bug
So you are not free to set any orderID to your channel-based abilities. You must set for point-target-type corresponding order , for instant, unit-target also of course. For example if you have custom, channel-based spell which is instant, then you can set order like "roar", "warstomp" etc, but not "cloudoffog" or other poin-target. I had problem with "carrionswarm" order (which is btw point or unit target).
And never change orders for custom spells other then channel-based. It's pointless and won't work. I'm not sure if it can also make problems but better avoid that.
zibi

Level 4
I have another loosely related question. What about Ids such as firearrowson/off, what can I use those for?

Also, what about Ids of abilities that are both point and unit target (and vice versa)? And Spellbook IDs? Can I just ignore if any of my units have spellbooks or channel based abilities with Ids of other spells the unit has (eg if they have a base ID of roar and the channel/spellbook is also using roar as a base ID)?

Level 19
I have another loosely related question. What about Ids such as firearrowson/off, what can I use those for?

Also, what about Ids of abilities that are both point and unit target (and vice versa)? And Spellbook IDs? Can I just ignore if any of my units have spellbooks or channel based abilities with Ids of other spells the unit has (eg if they have a base ID of roar and the channel/spellbook is also using roar as a base ID)?

http://blog.d1stats.ru/blog/198.html
you should only care about it if you gonna use it with dummies. and you can check it youself easily

Status
Not open for further replies.