• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to increase a hero stats above 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi! I would like to know how to increase hero stats above 100. Heros in my project can reach hundreds points of str, agi and int, but normally, heros can't get more than 100 points in each stat.

By the way, I'm creating an Arena Custom Map, like Orc Gladiators and Legendary Gladiators.

Level 6
I don't recall this ever being a limitation. What version are you on?

Also, you can Shift-click fields in the Object Editor to bypass any limits that may exist. This also allows for negative values which can create interesting custom spells like a reverse Devotion Aura which affects enemies.
Now, I'm at 1.26a. It's the last patch I've played before stop with War3.

Level 6
Today I've updated my war3 to 1.30 (until next month, when I will buy Reforged). If I have any news with my problem, using the new patch, I will post here.

Level 6
I will buy Reforged, because I do not have a original War3 (and I'm having problems to update it to reforged).
I discovered something interesting about my problem: In the Unit Editor, heroes can't have more than 100 points in each stats, but in game, they continue to level up above 100 normally. So, to counter this, I used Dr Super Good hint, and used a trigger to give the remaining points. I used a very simple trigger, just to test the map as I progress through it. Thanks for everyone help, and my problem is solved!
EDIT: I've found the greatest secret in World Editor: the Shift button. With it, now I can set values above 100, so, the trigger is no longer necessary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 24
EDIT: I've found the greatest secret in World Editor: the Shift button. With it, now I can set values above 100, so, the trigger is no longer necessary.
Are you serious?
Also, you can Shift-click fields in the Object Editor to bypass any limits that may exist. This also allows for negative values which can create interesting custom spells like a reverse Devotion Aura which affects enemies.

Level 6
Are you serious?
Just now I noticed that I didn't credit Uncle for his hint. I was in a hurry, and wrote as fast as I could, trying to update everyone who helped me with the comments, while I was at work. I think I got too excited with the solution he gave to me haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.