• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to create ''the temples of the gods''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So how to create ''temples'' that make a unit or units stronger?
And how to make them ''unigue'' so that you can't have for exsample fire temples if you have water temples.

Level 22
You could just give the temples auras. Give the auras a huge range, remove the effects for caster and target units, and done.

If you don't want the temples to affect all units, you'll need some triggers.
You can, for example, enable triggers once a temple has been chosen. But it's hard to help when I'm not even sure what you want with those units.

For your second question, I'm not sure. There are probably lots of ways, but I think I would use Boolean variables. Once a player chooses a temple, set his boolean variable to ''true''.

If that player tries to build another temple, while the variable is on ''true'' (condition), make the builder stop, and give the player an error message.

Level 14
For the temple selection, have a specific builder or something to make the temple, and once the temple is completed, remove the unit from the game using triggers.

This system might be considered more efficient than Ramza's method, but it's up to you.

For making the units stronger, I would go with Ramza's method, as it seems to work well, and with minimal effort.

Level 6
For the temple selection, have a specific builder or something to make the temple, and once the temple is completed, remove the unit from the game using triggers.

This system might be considered more efficient than Ramza's method, but it's up to you.

For making the units stronger, I would go with Ramza's method, as it seems to work well, and with minimal effort.

I have never tried it out, but couldn't you base the builder of a wisp and the temples of ancients, so that the wisp is "consumed" when the building is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.