• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Indoor Environments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm new to terraining and I am curious on how to create indoor environments. Particularly, I want to know how the walls and roof is created. So, what methods are there for creating indoor environments. +Rep for any help

~Asomath

P.S. The environment I am working on is a decrepit temple, if that helps in explaining.

Level 10
Hello, Roofing can be created by downloading tile model files from the hive workshop and flipping them in a model editor so that the tile appears on the bottom rather then the top. You can lift them up if you have certain tools otherwise you can add the model file to a unit and set the movement - height equal to the height of the ceiling(make sure the unit has "Abilities - Locust" and "Targeted as - Invulnerable" and "Attacks enabled - None") just put the units in as if they were a doodad and have their control neutral passive, the mini-map will look weird but since you are probably using camera functions it would have probably looked messed up anyway(ceiling will have little dots on the mini-map xD.)
as for walls there are model files for a wall that you just have to import, models tab on the hive--search walls. helpful things that you might want to nab in the models section: windows-round-square, lighting coming from the side, lighting from above, roof windows, stairs, cityscape arches, paintings.
Example:
dalaran2uz9.jpg

NOT by me, BY JAAKO
Gotta love the skills of jaako :D

Status
Not open for further replies.