• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Indoor Lighting & Enviroment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am busy creating a an indoor house but i am having a few problems with the following:

1. I dont know how to make it darker inside the house than it is outside.
2. I dont know how to make it completely dark outside the house walls to enable an indoor efffect where you cant see outside but only inside the house.
3. I am busy on my "second floor" of the house but how do i make the second floor look like it is above the ground.

Thankyou

Level 5
1. sry i can't help you with this one

2. You can remove the 'outside' from the playable map area via terrain or blocking doodads

3. I think there is a doodad called invisible platform, maybe you can use it? If not, you might need to create two rooms and link them with a portal hidden in a doodad with the shape of stairs.

Let me know if you get it to work.

1. and 2. :
look in the tutorial section for the tutorial: torch system
3.you have to watch out, you can't make that one unit is at floor one, and the other
unit at floor 2, but at the same position. that won't work (except of triggering, which
could be a pain for everyone, if it's possible to do that)
you can also do what Link_Iceblade said.
Create two rooms, each at another area of your map, and make rects, which
teleports you to the other room.

Level 3
Thankyou for your help ive made two seperate rooms with a staircase leading "up" to the second floor, but on the second floor im not able to create an effect where it looks like the staircase is going down back to the first floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.