• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain - Creating Indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey Hive, long time no see!! So listen guys, I've recently lighted that spark that always made me go out and hunt for new maps and that always lead me to create something. This time, I want to make and Elven building Indoor. Buuuut WE does not have walls or anything that would allow me to create an Indoor.

Therefore I turn to you, oh mighty map devs, so that you may, in all your kindness, share some of your knowledge with me. That includes importing stuff :pp

So, to sum it all up, I want to create an elven indoor but I lack the knowledge to do so. I require assistance. If someone could help me, that'd be great :3

Level 14
I would suggest downloading a map called The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0. Here is the link

This map has tons and tons of imported resources for you to browse through. When you find the ones you like and would want to import into your map all you need to do is find them in the Object Editor, Look at the model file, Find that in the import manager, and Export the appropriate model (You may also need to export the corresponding texture to go with it). Now you just need to import them into your map.

There is also a way to transfer all of the models and textures into your map, but that would make your map pretty darn heavy.

Level 8
I've been making some indoor maps on my own lately. I haven't looked at the resources anyone else has recommended here, but what I've been doing is basically using modified doodads to create things like wooden floors and walls.

To make a wooden floor doodad, just take a table, set it to animate in fog, change the fixed rotation to 20 or 110, set has a shadow to false, tint to the shade you want, fiddle with the max and min scales to the size you want, set pathing walkable to true, and set pathing texture to Zone Indicator or something appropriate for the size of floor units you're going for.
If you pick your pathing texture and sizes right, you can easily use these doodads to make modular floors.

You'll probably want 2 wooden wall doodads at least, one for horizontal walls and one for vertical. Base them off Bookshelf Large, set pathing texture to pathing blocker large, and then modify the scaling to fit that pathing texture and the height you want.

Level 3
Thanks for all the replies guys!! I'll try using the UTM because it seems much easier than fiddling so much with the doodads :p, but your suggestion is really cool Melth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.