• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with creating items and spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey all!
I already asked for some Items and so on in the Request forums and someone made them form me very fast.
But now i wonder if someone could give me the link or explain me in some short sentences how I
-create own items (example: item that gives +20dmg,+10%ms+as,10agi)
-create arrow spells (like searing arrow but i want one that etangles 5% of the time)

You shouldnt do this items for me that are just examples.
I want to be able to make them by myself so i dont have to ask for every single item!

Level 6
Hey all!
I already asked for some Items and so on in the Request forums and someone made them form me very fast.
But now i wonder if someone could give me the link or explain me in some short sentences how I
-create own items (example: item that gives +20dmg,+10%ms+as,10agi)
-create arrow spells (like searing arrow but i want one that etangles 5% of the time)

You shouldnt do this items for me that are just examples.
I want to be able to make them by myself so i dont have to ask for every single item!

To create items go to object editor -> items. Then create new custom item. Pick something(depending wot kind item you want charged or non char.) and give it name and press ok. Then you can add abilities easilly by just adding them in the item section Abilities - Abilities. Then you can also of course create custom item abilities but there are many usefull abilities to pick from ready in world editor.

Doh...I explained badly but it should be simple :/

The arrow spell is simple too...its like:
(unit casts spell blah blah)
(if spell is this type blah blah)
(pick random number from 10 if its equal to 1 then create dummy unit)
(order last created unit to entagle roots target unit ability being cast)

Doh...I did it again, but you should try figure it out by yourself so you would learn something.

Level 4
Yeah i already thought of something like that.
The problem is that i only worked about 1hour with WE and dont got warcraft 3 for like 3 more days...
So if i example make a new Skill,choose Frost Arrow then remove the Frost Arrow effect and add an entangle effect it will still be an auto-castable arrow that entangles?

Level 6
Yeah i already thought of something like that.
The problem is that i only worked about 1hour with WE and dont got warcraft 3 for like 3 more days...
So if i example make a new Skill,choose Frost Arrow then remove the Frost Arrow effect and add an entangle effect it will still be an auto-castable arrow that entangles?

Nope..you need to use triggers if you want it to cast entagling roots on enemy while using the arrow skill. If you only want entagling roots buff it can be done by modifying buffs.

Level 4
Isnt it easier to take e.g. bash,change the animation to entangling roots and add dp/s?

Level 4
Then i have to raise the movement speed reduction so that all heros have 0ms?
Thanks for that tip will work well i hope ^^

Level 4
You can't have 0ms even if you put 999999999999% reduction unless you change the game advance.

Level 6
all abilities have a set of what they can do. bash, for example, has a percentage to stun, percentage to evade incoming hit, bash extra damage and stun duration. and that is all! it cannot slow, ensnare, drain mana, or anything else; you have to get to know the abilities (see the data section) and choose the one that best fits your needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.