• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2nd floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello guys im using UTM for my project but i have a problem on making a 2nd floor my costumize house. can someone teach me how to make stairs walkable by going up and by making the second floor walkable..

Level 17
for the stairs you can use naga ramp, elevator ,however your second floor must not go over your first floor because your unit will automatically go to the second floor when it enters the first floor. to set doodad height use ctrl+ page up or page down while you have the doodad selected

Level 4
ive tried using naga ramp as what you have said but even the naga ramp my unit keeps on walking and passing on that ramp.

Level 4
that`s my problem sir. i wanted to make my unit to walk on the stairs..
by the way sir thanks for responding on my post. :infl_thumbs_up:

NAGA RAMP.jpg

Level 4
im sorry sir but what do you mean by chaging flying unit to a ground unit?

i did not change any options on any units or doodads as of now sir.

Level 17
try using elevator from the bridges/ramps pane for your house floor if the unit does not walk on it then check if his collision is turned off if the unit walks on the elevator but not on the ramp check if the ramp has walkable set to true btw its does not matter if the unit is flying or not . also check out this tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/walkable-walls-doodads-6982/
its really hard to tell whats wrong if we cant see what you have done on your map >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.